Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I don't like to admit it but I thought Palace fans were first class yesterday. All in unison and very loud. Mind you I still don't like the Play-Offs.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I don't like to admit it but I thought Palace fans were first class yesterday. All in unison and very loud. Mind you I still don't like the Play-Offs.

It was very good .

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Are we going to put up with this kind of unnecessary arrogant bragging?

Saying 'It was very good' is arrogant bragging? I guess The Major should be banished all season then?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The truth is Palace fans have been good for years now. There has been some incredibly ignorant drivel posted on the subject on here, but both home and away during their struggles they have good songs and make a lot of noise (apart from when thyey're 3-0 down to us and let's face it, who would in that situation). Other Championship clubs think they have loud fans, that is all you need to know, and an average of 18k is nothing to be ashamed about.

There has been an equal lot of crap spouted by their fans about us. We were never as bad as the 7k turning up at Withdean, they were exceptional circumstances, and an atmosphere was nigh on impossible there. Away was always better. But the current figure of 30,000 includes many thousands of fans who will not join in the singing.

Throughout the last 35 years I have always believed that Palace and Brighton had roughly similar fan bases, and nothing has happened of late to change my view on that. If anything I think their fans are louder at the moment, mainly because they have better songs and everyone sings them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The truth is Palace fans have been good for years now. There has been some incredibly ignorant drivel posted on the subject on here, but both home and away during their struggles they have good songs and make a lot of noise (apart from when thyey're 3-0 down to us and let's face it, who would in that situation). Other Championship clubs think they have loud fans, that is all you need to know, and an average of 18k is nothing to be ashamed about.

There has been an equal lot of crap spouted by their fans about us. We were never as bad as the 7k turning up at Withdean, they were exceptional circumstances, and an atmosphere was nigh on impossible there. Away was always better. But the current figure of 30,000 includes many thousands of fans who will not join in the singing.

Throughout the last 35 years I have always believed that Palace and Brighton had roughly similar fan bases, and nothing has happened of late to change my view on that. If anything I think their fans are louder at the moment, mainly because they have better songs and everyone sings them.

I agree with just about all of your post except the last bit. St Paulii or whatever, goal music, drums?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Fair play a very decent and fair post. I think the AMEX will improve with age, Maybe your fans need to talk to the club and try and create a singing area where the stewards turn a blind eye to standing.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Fair play a very decent and fair post. I think the AMEX will improve with age, Maybe your fans need to talk to the club and try and create a singing area where the stewards turn a blind eye to standing.

You're wrong; it's obvious what we need: goal music and a drum.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Great post.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

As much as I hate to admit it, this post is spot on.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

Spot on Tooting. I think we need to reinvent ourselves with regard to club songs etc. Some clever souls on here must be able to come up with som catchy songs/chants even perhaps a new club anthem alongside of course GOSBTS. Would be good if we come up with something before we next meet CP.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Palace fans this month were the loudest ever seen at the Amex apart from possibly Leeds United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here