Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace desperate to get Zaha on loan for next season

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Holloway mentioned it after yesterday's game and now it's on sky sports news that palace co chairman Martin long is to approach United for a deal
What a joke, let's bank £15M but well keep our Player for a year and a half :ffsparr:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How on Earth can you sell a player for 15Million pounds and keep him ?

Surely the ManUtd shareholders would want this investigated if it ever happened?

Sounds very dodgy.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
If Moyes doesn't think he's quite ready for the Utd first team I can easily see him getting a long loan out back to Palace.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Can't blame them for trying. Palace without Zaha are really just a mid-table Championship side. (Which is not meant to be a snide dig ... this year there wasn't much to choose between the top and middle of the Championship.)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the whole idea of buying a player by any club then loaning him back to the club is wrong and should be looked at and this is not a dig at CPFC and Zaha but is aimed at every club and I would say the same if we did it with Bridcutt.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Holloway mentioned it after yesterday's game and now it's on sky sports news that palace co chairman Martin long is to approach United for a deal
What a joke, let's bank £15M but well keep our Player for a year and a half :ffsparr:

£10m.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They sold him for 10M, Maybe ask for 3M + 50% wages in order to loan him out. Good deal for United.

P.S. If he plays loads for England and United and signs multiple future contracts with them then I hear it may approach 15M

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
to be fair he will not learn anything at MU if sat in the reserves - Moyes is going to have to decide if Zaha worth a place in his first choice squad of say 22 at this stage and if not, I can well see him loaning him back to gain some premiership experience. Personally I think the raw talent is there to be a big success but he has a hell of lot to learn because at the moment there is far too much of show boating and playing as a one man team and that style never works, even for Ronaldo, at Man U.......

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would have thought this would work very well for both clubs. The only loser in the deal would be Zaha himself, who I imagine would be thoroughly pissed off with it.

D

Deleted member 18477

i'd rather defend against ashley young or nani than zaha.

If david moyes has any sense he'll keep zaha and play him a lot!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If that was us, we'd have sold Zaha for about £4m, loaned him back for the rest of the season during which he'd have been absolute gash as soon as the ink on the deal was dry.

On the other hand, Palace get £10m (and rising) for him, loan him back, and he proves the difference in BOTH play-off matches and leads them to a £100m bonanza. :nono:

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
United pay Palace 15 million so Zaha can't play for any other club, he continues to be loaned back to Palace so they have to pay his wages. Palace are hardly going to be rival title contenders.

The only stipulation is that Zaha can't play against Man U. Then Man U recall Zaha if they get injuries to their key stars.
Could be a new style business model, if the tight fisted Glazers like it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If that was us, we'd have sold Zaha for about £4m, loaned him back for the rest of the season during which he'd have been absolute gash as soon as the ink on the deal was dry.

On the other hand, Palace get £10m (and rising) for him, loan him back, and he proves the difference in BOTH play-off matches and leads them to a £100m bonanza. :nono:

The most accurate post on Nsc.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
to be fair he will not learn anything at MU if sat in the reserves - Moyes is going to have to decide if Zaha worth a place in his first choice squad of say 22 at this stage and if not, I can well see him loaning him back to gain some premiership experience. Personally I think the raw talent is there to be a big success but he has a hell of lot to learn because at the moment there is far too much of show boating and playing as a one man team and that style never works, even for Ronaldo, at Man U.......

Quite right that it is down to Moyes. Whatever Man U do will be right for Man U, and it will be purely providential if it happens to be advantageous for palace as well.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I just hope Moyes loans him out to his previous club.......be great to see Wilf diving in division one for Preston North End.
That would really piss Zaha and Palace off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here