Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think you should stop reading this crap paper

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
hahaha..... as unreliable as the Mail hey?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Left wing pro Europe paper publishes warning...shock/horror....

Guardian, left wing? You must be joking. It's vaguely liberal on lots of issues, but 'left wing' in any real sense of the phrase, it's certainly not. There are no mass circulation national UK newspapers with a genuine and consistent left wing stance, in my view. A real left wing newspaper would, in any case, be more likely to take an anti EU stance, given that the EU is, in essence, a pro-capitalist trading bloc.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Always nice to be bullied by the only remaining super power ( and allegedly ) our closest friend internationally !

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
51st state

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Always nice to be bullied by the only remaining super power ( and allegedly ) our closest friend internationally !

Thats why I dont agree with your idea that we will survive outside the EU, trading partners will prefer working witht he old EU than us.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
See plenty of people on messageboards that want the country out of the EU, but on the reverse side, you dont really hear that from businessmen, mostly the reverse, which leads me to believe that leaving the EU wouldnt be a particularly good idea.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Thats why I dont agree with your idea that we will survive outside the EU, trading partners will prefer working witht he old EU than us.

I was never anti the European Currency, if it improved my standard of living then I would willingly go along with it, but I had my reservations.

My god how the politicians offered up a sense of doom and gloom if we werent to sign up, those politicians were shysters and scamsters and now they have turned their attention to just staying in, ignoring completely that they got it wrong with the currency, arrogant till the end, just like the whole European debacle.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003

The problem is that nobody really knows - it's conjecture from both sides. Personally I think the Americans are saber rattling - they have goods and services they want to sell us so why would they stop that if we leave the EU ? Likewise the Germans will still want to sell us BMWs for example.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

why are you taking the report at face value. the US imports billions of $ of products to us, you think they would just ditch that in favour of EU? if you read the first line of the Guardian piece literally, then of course we would be excluded from EU-US deals, but that doesnt mean we'd be excluded from all US deals. we might get a better one. also this ignore the scope of the deals and whether they cover the European Free Trade Association, and we were part of that, then we wouldnt be excluded.

last week Lord Owen was proposing this is the way we will go. increasingly it wont make sence for us, or others outside the Euro, to be full members of the EU. treaties have to change and when they next do so, we'll be looking to get out of the EU and into the ETFA, to the benefit of us and europe.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The problem is that nobody really knows - it's conjecture from both sides. Personally I think the Americans are saber rattling - they have goods and services they want to sell us so why would they stop that if we leave the EU ? Likewise the Germans will still want to sell us BMWs for example.
ostrich.jpg

You anti-EU numpties are always telling us that it would take 5 minutes for trade agreements to be renegotiated. Not only is that article telling us this isn't true, it is telling us precisely WHY it isn't true.

As I've said before, it's why I don't really feel the need to have this argument with you clowns. The fact is, if it is a debate that ever needs to happen (perhaps by UKIP actually winning a seat as opposed to the 50 or so that the pro-EU LibDems seem to manage every 5 years), it will do, and you will get slaughtered.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
ostrich.jpg

You anti-EU numpties are always telling us that it would take 5 minutes for trade agreements to be renegotiated. Not only is that article telling us this isn't true, it is telling us precisely WHY it isn't true.

As I've said before, it's why I don't really feel the need to have this argument with you clowns. The fact is, if it is a debate that ever needs to happen (perhaps by UKIP actually winning a seat as opposed to the 50 or so that the pro-EU LibDems seem to manage every 5 years), it will do, and you will get slaughtered.

I could have predicted it would be little angry you that would have changed the direction of a perfectly polite debating thread to a mud slinging, name calling binfest.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
ostrich.jpg

I appreciate your picture. Going back a few years, would it not be highly unlikely that we would have Honda, Toyota and Nissan opening manufacturing facilities in this country. And if we were to leave the EU, it would be quite possible for them to move those facilities abroad. And obviously the US will still want to sell us stuff, and the Germans will still want to sell us BMW's, but much of what matters is us EXPORTING to them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I appreciate your picture. Going back a few years, would it not be highly unlikely that we would have Honda, Toyota and Nissan opening manufacturing facilities in this country. And if we were to leave the EU, it would be quite possible for them to move those facilities abroad. And obviously the US will still want to sell us stuff, and the Germans will still want to sell us BMW's, but much of what matters is us EXPORTING to them.
Indeed - it's very much common sense really.

The whole point of a trading bloc is that you improve your bargaining position when joining one. Alternatively, the USA with 280m people is going to be far less desperate to sell to us (population 59m) than the other way round. What impact do you think this will have when negotiating trading terms?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Left wing pro Europe paper publishes warning...shock/horror....

Europe isn't a simple left-wing or right-wing argument. Most business leaders want to remain in Europe amd the free market and many other central points of the EU were Tory ideas and not too far off the economic policies of the current Tories and UKIP. It used to be the left-wing who were against the EU on the basis it would damage the British workers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here