Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done, Crystal Palace! Been a credit to the Championship this season

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
They recovered from a poor start to play some sparkling football this campaign. Then they recovered from losing their manager mid-way through the season, a transfer of their star winger (even with a loan back, could have had a destabilising effect), losing their top scorer, and having a terrible finish to the League season (which perhaps shows the competitiveness of this division). To come back from all that and win the Play-Offs with three clean sheets.... takes some doing. It would have been an injustice if Watford had won on their nothing performance today.

Crystal Palace have shown the character and resilience it takes to get promoted from this division. It's going to take the same kind of character and resilience from Brighton to recover from the hole we're in at the moment. Heaven forbid me to say this on NSC but we could actually learn something from what Palace have achieved this season. We certainly don't have as far to go to become a promotion side as they did at the end of last season.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Some call it 'resiliance' i call it LUCK

LUCKY ****ERS

Nothing lucky about their excellent performance today. If I was to criticise them, I'd say they should have sewn up the game against Watford long before they did.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
They recovered from a poor start to play some sparkling football this campaign. Then they recovered from losing their manager mid-way through the season, a transfer of their star winger (even with a loan back, could have had a destabilising effect), losing their top scorer, and having a terrible finish to the League season (which perhaps shows the competitiveness of this division). To come back from all that and win the Play-Offs with three clean sheets.... takes some doing. It would have been an injustice if Watford had won on their nothing performance today.

Crystal Palace have shown the character and resilience it takes to get promoted from this division. It's going to take the same kind of character and resilience from Brighton to recover from the hole we're in at the moment. Heaven forbid me to say this on NSC but we could actually learn something from what Palace have achieved this season. We certainly don't have as far to go to become a promotion side as they did at the end of last season.

Or, they had a poor start, got a bit of momentum Thanks to a hit and miss Brighton reject who found a bit of form diving for penalties with the rest of his colleagues and sticking away penalties. Along the run beating their arch rivals at Selhurst thanks to them having a load of injuries and having a man sent off after 8 minutes. Then at the close of the season being incredibly poor and just about hanging on to the play off places only because everyone else was being incredibly poor while their arch rivals were playing incredible football. Then in the play offs beating arch rivals again because they Didnt take their chances and players not turning up like they had done a few games before. Then to the final where again players of the opposing team who had been brilliant all season Didnt turn up and get promoted to the prem from a Zaha penalty converted by Phillips who will probably never play for them again. I might be partisan, it may be the booze talking, but I think they've been bloody lucky.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004

Thank you! What a great post. I will miss you guys!

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Or, they had a poor start, got a bit of momentum Thanks to a hit and miss Brighton reject who found a bit of form diving for penalties with the rest of his colleagues and sticking away penalties. Along the run beating their arch rivals at Selhurst thanks to them having a load of injuries and having a man sent off after 8 minutes. Then at the close of the season being incredibly poor and just about hanging on to the play off places only because everyone else was being incredibly poor while their arch rivals were playing incredible football. Then in the play offs beating arch rivals again because they Didnt take their chances and players not turning up like they had done a few games before. Then to the final where again players of the opposing team who had been brilliant all season Didnt turn up and get promoted to the prem from a Zaha penalty converted by Phillips who will probably never play for them again. I might be partisan, it may be the booze talking, but I think they've been bloody lucky.

Maybe....Bothered?...NO

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm prepared to acknowledge that Palace have a great youth academy. And they proved you don't need a squad of expensive players to get out of the Championship. We can learn from that.

But they were f*cking lucky to crawl out of a poor division. And they had piss-poor attendances even when near the top (eg 14k in their local derby).

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
F**K off pal*ce. Two more games and they wouldn't have even made the play-offs. Worzel got his tactics right aginst one team seemingly imploding from within and one team who were a shadow of the side that got 3rd in the league.

Lucky, lucky *******s.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lucky or not they showed real character in the playoffs, something that I feel is missing from our team. The next manager will have to get the players to instill a bit more backbone into our squad. We now know from experience that pretty football alone won't do it. A few tweaks and a team with belief should see us kick on. Gonna be exciting once this fiasco is sorted..I hope.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'm prepared to acknowledge that Palace have a great youth academy. And they proved you don't need a squad of expensive players to get out of the Championship. We can learn from that.

But they were f*cking lucky to crawl out of a poor division. And they had piss-poor attendances even when near the top (eg 14k in their local derby).

What do attendances have to do with winning promotion? And would hardly say it was a piss poor division, been one of the most competitive for years.

D

Deleted member 2719

Sit down and shut up...............leave it at least a week before you start sucking up to them and reminding us what we missed out on, have you not heard of grieving.:rant:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think the manager many of their fans wanted sacked, won them the play-off's. Tactics spot on for a team with limited ability and apparently reliant on 3 players (Zaha, the Aussie captain and Murray).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its tough watching our rivals revel in success, they did deserve to come through the playoffs, though their season was patchy and only made the playoffs with 7 minutes to spare.

Saying that it would a lot tougher for all those creditors that lost their skins back in 2010, that would really hurt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here