Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely a decision should of been reached by now on Gus!

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
Ok I have a basic knowledge of disciplinary procedures, however surely this should of been dealt with by now!!!!

Or are we going to be as slow at dealing with this as we are in the transfer window potentially missing out on the many good managers out there currently looking for work............

We have the issue of replacing Upson, Bridge, Vicente...........also Spanish dave potentially if he does not sign a new contract..........

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok I have a basic knowledge of disciplinary procedures, however surely this should of been dealt with by now!!!!
No it shouldn't. Has another club approached us, are they willing to pay the compensation fee, or do you think we should pay Gus off, for a loss of £5m (which will come out of our playing budget)?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Or are we going to be as slow at dealing with this as we are in the transfer window potentially missing out on the many good managers out there currently looking for work............

We have the issue of replacing Upson, Bridge, Vicente...........also Spanish dave potentially if he does not sign a new contract..........

S&M or just a detention?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have to agree with the OP, 22:52 on a bank holiday is surely the accepted time to release statements concerning the outcome of the clubs investigation.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Agreed.

The sooner we allow him to leave, the sooner we get a replacement in. Unfortunately (for now) Football isn't the real world where something like this can be allowed to drag on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he is in breach of contract we wouldn't have to pay £5m
1) We'd lose the £2.5m that another club would have to pay us.
2) There's no guarantee he could be dismissed for gross misconduct, without having to pay his contract - and if we rush it, as you suggest, we're more likely to have to pay him (about £2.5m).

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I wholeheartedly agree. The club should completely ignore all due process and diligence, to satisfy the drunken advances of some people on the internet.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I suspect Bloom and Barber are rather more in control of the situation than most chairmen/chief execs in the league might be in a similar position.

I'd be pretty confident that they come out of this with the best possible result for the club. I actually admire the discretion they seem to be showing, and the relative lack of leaks from within the club. The rest of us just need to be patient.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"...should *have* been reached..."

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Or you could say that when this happens in the corporate world "business as usual" can be maintained even if the employee is a Key Man. Football with the transfer window and loan system and very short close season isn't like that. At the moment the decision to suspend the management team rather than come to a "mutual agreement" like every other club ever has done has probably cost us the chance to sign Bridge and Upson and retain Lopez. Apart from Bridcutt our three best players in the second half of the season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I suspect Bloom and Barber are rather more in control of the situation than most chairmen/chief execs in the league might be in a similar position.

I'd be pretty confident that they come out of this with the best possible result for the club. I actually admire the discretion they seem to be showing, and the relative lack of leaks from within the club. The rest of us just need to be patient.

My sentiments entirely. They are far too professional, in every best sense of the word, to make a dog's breakfast of it all.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

As frustrating as it is not knowing I agree with this post, shows how professional and classy our Chairman is, I'm sure other Chairman (just down the road) would be bad mouthing and tweeting everything that goes on, if we believe in Mr Bloom we just have to hold tight

Dec 29, 2011
1) We'd lose the £2.5m that another club would have to pay us.
2) There's no guarantee he could be dismissed for gross misconduct, without having to pay his contract - and if we rush it, as you suggest, we're more likely to have to pay him (about £2.5m).

Why would we have to pay £2.5m if he was in breach of contract?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here