Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City - about two or three seasons ago

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
Either 09/10 or 10/11, i don't remember exactly. They had a very strong squad, some biggish names, a few decent loan players and a manager they believed in. They went for promotion big time and missed out - they ended up losing in the play off semi final (Reading i think?), and their squad fell apart - Chopra, Bothroyd, Mccormack, Bellamy were all in the form of their lives, and ended up leaving. Their manger also went and major rebuilding was needed. I imagine their fans must have feared the worst for following season.

I wonder what ever happened to them?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Either 09/10 or 10/11, i don't remember exactly. They had a very strong squad, some biggish names, a few decent loan players and a manager they believed in. They went for promotion big time and missed out - they ended up losing in the play off semi final (Reading i think?), and their squad fell apart - Chopra, Bothroyd, Mccormack, Bellamy were all in the form of their lives, and ended up leaving. Their manger also went and major rebuilding was needed. I imagine their fans must have feared the worst for following season.

I wonder what ever happened to them?

I don't think Chopra, Bothroyd, McCormack and Bellamy have ever played in the same squad all together.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I wonder if Joe Ledley wishes he'd stayed at Cardiff City now. Their fans were annoyed when he joined Celtic - they said he bottled the chance to join a Premier League club because Ledley believed he wasn't good enough. The chance of Champions League football had nothing to do with it. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here