Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget Palace

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Bored of hearing about Palace. We messed up and whether they deserved it or not they are up. We now need to get our own house in order. Manager situation needs sorting sooner rather than later so we can try and build a squad that the new man wants.
Those saying we missed the boat ect ect get a grip. Cardiff and swansea voth have suffered for a year or two but are both now there and as Swansea have shown if you build up to it quite often its easier to stay up.
So lets push on together forget palace unless we have them in the cup and look to get up. This time next year could be us smiling down at them.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Bored of hearing about Palace. We messed up and whether they deserved it or not they are up. We now need to get our own house in order. Manager situation needs sorting sooner rather than later so we can try and build a squad that the new man wants.
Those saying we missed the boat ect ect get a grip. Cardiff and swansea voth have suffered for a year or two but are both now there and as Swansea have shown if you build up to it quite often its easier to stay up.
So lets push on together forget palace unless we have them in the cup and look to get up. This time next year could be us smiling down at them.
I agree we need to sort out whats going on at our club and leave them to get on and enjoy it i know it hurts

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm sure 90% of people on here would be happy to move on (after a few days of moaning) but the fact is we have no idea what's going on so we have nothing else to talk about. Needs sorting ASAP.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Well done Palace. They massively exceeded expectations this season and got through most of the play-offs without Glenn Murray. They deserved to beat us over the two legs and were better than Watford today (who were surprisingly poor).

I think they'll have a really difficult season next year and will need all the luck they've had this year, and more, to hang on.

Personally I think it's good that Palace and Brighton have a year's break from each other. The rivalry has taken on a strange edge in recent weeks and I don't mind avoiding them for a while.

As for us ... we've got a lot of regrouping to do, but I have a sneaking feeling it's going to be an exciting time. Things don't look so rosy on the face of it, but with the right managerial appointment we have a chance of doing at least as well again next year. Onwards.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Exactly. Quite frankly, all the whining I have seen on here today about palace's victory us quite pathetic. It was not our game ffs! We had our moment to be angry and distraught after the semis, but not now! Its a good thing that palace are gone as we can rid ourselves of this stupid rivalry for a season, which gets in the way of our real objectives (I.e. Doing well in the league). Man up for god's sake at let palace have their season in the sun, it really doesn't concern us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It does need sorting asap so we can prepare for next season and so we can get new players in .

Our situation summed up very well and succinctly.

Personally I think it's good that Palace and Brighton have a year's break from each other. The rivalry has taken on a strange edge in recent weeks and I don't mind avoiding them for a while.

This. For the first time in over 30 years I've had enough and am not feeling that bothered. I am bored with it all and all that goes with it. Apparently, according to Pretty Pink Fairy/Das Reich, that makes me not a true fan. Oh well.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Exactly. Quite frankly, all the whining I have seen on here today about palace's victory us quite pathetic. It was not our game ffs! We had our moment to be angry and distraught after the semis, but not now! Its a good thing that palace are gone as we can rid ourselves of this stupid rivalry for a season, which gets in the way of our real objectives (I.e. Doing well in the league). Man up for god's sake at let palace have their season in the sun, it really doesn't concern us.

Quite agree. Next season Palace will be a glorious irrelevance to us - and i speak as someone who first went to the Goldstone in the mid 60's and could never be that bothered about the palace thing anyway.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
When you look at Portsmouth now, some perspective is needed. Ok, they had their spell in the sun but it's f**k*d them. A shite ground with 8,000 on a cold Tuesday night at home to Accrington Stanley to look forward to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here