Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does it feel like we lost today and not watford

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

I try not to get too negative, but after today it actually feels like we where the ones playing in the final and not Watford. It's weird, it seems my emotions of not getting to the Premier League have finally hit home today and I feel completely gutted about it.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Maybe Watfords performance today was a little too reminiscent of our 2nd leg shambles? Brings back bad memories

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some fans thought that we were entitled to win the playoffs and be the ones who went up. Unrealistic expectations bring more disappointment.
Of course we all hoped that we could do it, but knew that football doesn't always give you what you hope for.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
The weakest team entering the play offs won the whole thing. I actually felt In knots watching that today hoping justice would happen in the end. It was just like watching that match they played against Sheffield Wednesday a few years back when the loser was going down and they won that too! They just don't know when to ****ing lose!!!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I kept getting that feeling it should have been us at Wembley.

The other feeling is that Palace have somehow had an easy ride through the play offs as neither Watford or us played to our strengths (and I'm not sure that Palace did) and never really threatened to turn them over. Credit to them for taking their chances. At least we created several decent chances, whereas Watford were poor.

But that is football. Ultimately we only have ourselves to blame.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Maybe Watfords performance today was a little too reminiscent of our 2nd leg shambles? Brings back bad memories

This. I only watched a few minutes at a time (more interested in the Test Match to be honest)... but it was painfully obvious what was going to happen :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here