Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It Was All About Zaha

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
He was brilliant and Watford were terrified of him. They couldn't play their natural game as they had four players marking him for most of the game. Palace will not have another Zaha next season even with their Sky money so they will struggle.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Agree. As overrated as he is, it is pretty much him and him alone who got them through these playoffs.

Wurzel has to take some credit in the semis though , Zaha has a reputation for drawing or simulating fouls and Calde was yellow carded in both games which put us under even more pressure.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
He was brilliant and Watford were terrified of him. They couldn't play their natural game as they had four players marking him for most of the game. Palace will not have another Zaha next season even with their Sky money so they will struggle.

I'm not so sure. It wouldn't surprise me now that Palace are in the Premiership if Man U let him stay loaned there for the season.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'm not so sure. It wouldn't surprise me now that Palace are in the Premiership if Man U let him stay loaned there for the season.

Zaha or Ashley young on the wing?

Zaha for me please if I was Moyes! Defenders HATE tricky wingers with pace!

... Zaha for England squad 2014 World Cup... Yeeeep! Potentially he can be a lot better than Walcott, oxlade chamberlain, Lennon etc.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

Wow, that would very much surprise me. Why pay £15M for a player and not get him in to work with, has this ever happened at other clubs?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

... Zaha for England squad 2014 World Cup... Yeeeep! Potentially he can be a lot better than Walcott, oxlade chamberlain, Lennon etc.

Really! Bridge had him in his pocket.

Played well against Calderon and a weak Watford defence, Pudil was an embarrassment and Cassetti? Well what he was trying to do?

Jury's still out for me but I will be very surprised if he gets anywhere close to those 3 you mention.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Lukaku cost more than 15m I think and spent all last season at West Brom? That said, I expect manure to keep him and play him, they don't have a wealth of great wingers...

Last edited:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Zaha is so one footed it's unbelievable. Show him onto his left foot and he doesn't know what to do. However, if he's running at you and has the ball on his right he can beat pretty much anyone.

Fair point but he can play on either wing and tie defenders up in knots. He was head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch today and, much as it pains me to say it, we don't have a player who comes close.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Fair point but he can play on either wing and tie defenders up in knots. He was head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch today and, much as it pains me to say it, we don't have a player who comes close.

I actually thought Lloyd Doyley was man of the match today but I agree that he was a lot better than most of what was on that pitch. I'd like to see a full season from Buckley, I believe he can be as good but suffers from stalling injuries. Whilst he's not as tricky as Zaha, Buckley has a superior delivery imo.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Glad you used the word potentially. Personally I think you're living in cloud cuckoo land there, but it's all about opinions and only time will tell. I've a sneaking feeling he'll be found out if he gets regular starts in the top division, but again, only time will tell.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here