Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutted

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
This evening is as depressing as when Southampton drew 0-0 with Spurs in 1978. Virtually managerless, rudderless - a joke after all our efforts in securing our stadium at Falmer. What actually has gone on at our Club in recent weeks? Who is to blame for the wheels coming off so spectacularly -were cracks being papered over for several months or did it all go pear shaped in May? We should be told, but of course we never will be.

Oh and has the poogate culprit been identified? Surely we can at least be told that - and that disciplinary proceedings are underway.

As someone who hasn't invested many millions in the Club, I feel absolutely gutted. I'm sure though that all the key players who were so united in months gone by, must feel a whole lot worse tonight.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Bit of grub and a sleep and a shower in the morning and you won't feel so bad.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Feel much the same, Paul. I like the analogy of '78.
What we have invested is our emotions, and there are people in charge at the club, who do not have any idea what that is about.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This evening is as depressing as when Southampton drew 0-0 with Spurs in 1978. Virtually managerless, rudderless - a joke after all our efforts in securing our stadium at Falmer. What actually has gone on at our Club in recent weeks? Who is to blame for the wheels coming off so spectacularly -were cracks being papered over for several months or did it all go pear shaped in May? We should be told, but of course we never will be.

Oh and has the poogate culprit been identified? Surely we can at least be told that - and that disciplinary proceedings are underway.

As someone who hasn't invested many millions in the Club, I feel absolutely gutted. I'm sure though that all the key players who were so united in months gone by, must feel a whole lot worse tonight.

Being an accountant you are probably more aware than most on here, myself included, of the need for financial prudence. Losses of £8m per season were unsustainable so a trouble shooter/hatchet man was brought in to stem the losses,

As a result of the actions taken by that man we have lost a very good management team who have seen their vision and aims for the future taken from them. We are now in a position of having an efficient trouble shooter for the business and no management team. The immediate future and outlook of the business looks good but for the team and supporters not so. I think that it is highly likely that the likes of Bridge Upson Lopez etc will be replaced by lower standard players but I do most sincerely hope that I am barking up the wrong tree, but it would explain Gus sudden change of attitude and outburst. I have been slated for this view but I firmly believe that TB put most of his eggs in 1 basket for promotion this year, which hasn't happened so there will be drastic cut backs for a couple of seasons and mid table mediocrity beckons.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It feels like this season has been a total waste of time and personally a waste of hundreds of pounds following the Albion all over the country only for the team and manager to bottle it at the last.

It's going to take some effort to get myself up for next season.

Feb 14, 2010
Palace always been top dogs . I'm used to it

Yep for the last 30 years a club with a fan base of less than half ours have been above us. Fooking disgraceful and just shows what a balls up the Albion have been off the field until recently. Now however our managers have no excuses to allow this to continue. I do hope Bloom kicks some arse with our next manager

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When will I learn to put bets on palace just because I hate them: they survive relegations, get promoted when look down and beaten, admins etc. Even when we look Odds on they triumph. We are indeed the Blues in the Aston villa rivalry. Just accept it guys, we **** up every time and Palace own us in the modern era. Actually getting on for the Middle Ages also...

Utter despair here in south bucks tonight. Feel like popping up the road to Watford and asking why the **** they didn't turn up? But then again, neither did we so....Britains Got Talent it is I guess, as if the world wasn't depressing enough!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Being an accountant you are probably more aware than most on here, myself included, of the need for financial prudence. Losses of £8m per season were unsustainable so a trouble shooter/hatchet man was brought in to stem the losses,

As a result of the actions taken by that man we have lost a very good management team who have seen their vision and aims for the future taken from them. We are now in a position of having an efficient trouble shooter for the business and no management team. The immediate future and outlook of the business looks good but for the team and supporters not so. I think that it is highly likely that the likes of Bridge Upson Lopez etc will be replaced by lower standard players but I do most sincerely hope that I am barking up the wrong tree, but it would explain Gus sudden change of attitude and outburst. I have been slated for this view but I firmly believe that TB put most of his eggs in 1 basket for promotion this year, which hasn't happened so there will be drastic cut backs for a couple of seasons and mid table mediocrity beckons.

To be honest we still need to find our feet in The Championship. A couple more seasons at this level will give us a better chance of staying in the Premier League for more than one season when we get promoted. If we stick to the FFP guidelines we'll be doing it the honest way because cheats never prosper in the long run.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am not gutted at all, we have a brilliant stadium and home fixtures are a joy to watch as opposed to a labour of love at Withdean.

We are on the up and this will all soon be forgotten in 10 weeks.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Couple of mediocre seasons and the crowd will dwindle and so will our promotion prospects. This season was THE chance to go up and we blew it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The awful gut feeling I have now is that we blew it big time.

We had a massive opportunity this year, superb squad of players - and looking at those two teams out there today, we would have walked it.

Not blaming anyone until the facts are known, but I can't help thinking that what was 'going on' behind the scenes affected the performance in that last game at the Amex. Either the management and coaching staff weren't fully committed or something had filtered through to the players. We weren't out-played by any means, but there did seem to be something lacking.

That said, if Barnes's shot had gone in I really think we would be celebrating promotion to the Premier League tonight. ******* Palace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are on the up and this will all soon be forgotten in 10 weeks.

We are in limbo, with no end in sight, but I admire your optimism. This season could not have gone more pear shaped barring administration.

I'm pretty gutted by it all, today was just a further kick in the goolies :smile:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

He'll also be aware - as the rest of us are - that the losses weren't ACTUALLY £8m.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Who is to blame for the wheels coming off so spectacularly -were cracks being papered over for several months or did it all go pear shaped in May? We should be told, but of course we never will be.

The answer, on the footballing side, is Paul Barber. Whether or not it is a necessary evil, is down to opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here