Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
He's been part of their squad, why shouldn't he get involved in celebrating with his mates?

I'm quite happy with our agreement. He was a bad buy who did very little for us and (to be honest) hasn't done a lot for Palace. They committed to buying him, perhaps imagining they'd be in the Championship next season. Now they're in the Premier League, and stuck with an agreement to pay a fee for someone who is an average Championship striker at best.

I'd say that worked out pretty well in the end (well, apart from the Palace promotion bit).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Palace will probably withdraw from the deal if there is any way they can. They're not exactly renowned for ethical financial practice are they.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Sure he will be celebrating. It's some achievement after all and I expect his win bonus will be more than most of us earn in a year.
He was reunited with a manager who knew how to get the best out of him. Never felt he got a fair crack of the whip here.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Saw him being interviewed before the game and I'm sure he said that he's just signed a 2 year deal with them.

The good news is we have got rid of him. His second year of the deal will see him playing back in The Championship.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Now all they need to do is sign Charlie Adam for a great big Blackpool relegation reunion :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe Palace will rethink now they have been promoted because he is not premiership class by a long chalk

They can't. They're stuck with him. Which isn't a bad outcome for us at all. We get rid of a player who'd been largely hopeless, for a fee, and Palace have committed to spending money on a player who in all probability isn't good enough for the Premier League. Ideal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here