Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford fc

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Can someone tell me why Watford are nicknamed the hornets but have a moose on their club badge.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It's a male deer or something- looks like a moose...they used to have a hornet and their kit of red yellow and black makes them look like a wasp apparently.

Frankly don't care dislike Watford almost as much as palace

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I do believe the symbol of the county of Hertfordshire is a Hart, or stag, so presumably the "moose" is some kind of nod to that, a sort of cartoon stag.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway. They can bugger off back to Hertfordshire with their pathetic football team after today's shambolic showing. A sheep would have been more apt.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Watford didn't really turn up. Worse still made Palace look like worthy winners. Even a Watford old boy scores the winner. Can't say that I feel too good but would be a hell of a lot worse if I were a Watford fan after that performance, barely one shot on target.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Watford didn't really turn up. Worse still made Palace look like worthy winners. Even a Watford old boy scores the winner. Can't say that I feel too good but would be a hell of a lot worse if I were a Watford fan after that performance, barely one shot on target.

bit like us a while back........funny that....English manager and all that......sherwood looking good atm.!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play to Palace. Watford never turned up, we never turned up for the second leg of the semi-final, Palace seized the day. They'll get spanked horribly next season, but I'm sure they'll be happy to take the parachute payments.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here