Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Bill Pertwee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22680499

5200_gall_008.jpg

I was assured by my late Grandfather that the reality of the Home Guard when he was a member was extremely close. His favourite tale related to their own "Private Godfrey" (willing, but far from able) who was used a mock casualty during an exercise, strapped to a stretcher and then dropped accidentally at the top of a steep bank down which he then rolled!

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Doesn't that leave Ian Lavender as the only remaining member of the Dads Army cast?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Put that light out

RIP

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Mentioned this to my Mrs today and she observed "I thought the Worzel Gummidge bloke died years ago?":)

Then again she also remarked that I should stop sullking about not being at Wembley today :eek:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Mentioned this to my Mrs today and she observed "I thought the Worzel Gummidge bloke died years ago?":)

Then again she also remarked that I should stop sullking about not being at Wembley today :eek:

Funnily enough when it came up on the news I immediately thought of Dr Who until I saw a photo. Putting it down to too much sunshine on a bank holiday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Funnily enough when it came up on the news I immediately thought of Dr Who until I saw a photo. Putting it down to too much sunshine on a bank holiday.
Jon & Bill Pertwee were cousins.

Bill Pertwee was also on radio programmes like Round the Horn which were great entertainment back in the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here