Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pook In Lloyd Out: Worthing

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Alan Pook has set his sights on the title after taking over as manager at Worthing.

Rebels' directors today confirmed reports of Barry Lloyd's departure, 19 months into his second spell as boss at the Ryman League side.

His exit came four days after he was voted out of his position by a 4-1 majority at a board meeting.

Directors then claimed the situation had been smoothed over and Lloyd would remain in joint charge of the first team alongside Pook.

Lloyd is refusing to comment on his dismissal but has made it clear he believed he should remain in sole charge of the first team.

Pook initially appointed himself joint first team boss following his recent appointment as board member with responsibility for football matters.

He today insisted: "There were going to be teething problems with having joint managers but I could see it working.

"You can't have warring factions at a club, though, and that's what we had.

"Our aim now is to get promotion. That is the be-all and end- all this year and we aim to go up as champions."

Pook has lined up two high profile signings but insisted: "We will not be about big contracts and big money."

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
All together now....

and we hate Alan Pook and we hate Alan Pook.

We hate and Alan Pook and we hate Alan Pook

We hate and Alan Pook and we hate Alan Pook

We are the Alan Pook HATERS.

(we hate alan, we hate alan)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yep hess a tosser, ruined my home town club Burgess Hill.
Won the title year after year, but ripped the soul out of the place IMHO.
Got to a stage where not one player came from Burgess Hill.

Bailers

Jul 6, 2003
Worthing
Worthing will win the title next year, cos two of the players joining them are far too good for the Ryman League, and both of them have played for Brighton at Withdean in the last 2/3 years.
Will be announced next week at a press conference!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I used to play cricket with Alan Pook's son. Pook Senior used to sit on the boundary and shout abuse at us whenever we misfielded/bowled a long-hop/weren't quick enough between the wickets, even though he wasn't the coach.

The man is an a-grade twat-a-roonie.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Are Withdean 2000 effectively going to be Worthing Reserves? Apart from Pook are any of the other Worthing directors former Withdean men?

Where's my £10 a month going that I pay to Withdean for my son's subs?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry just had to say...

'Pookie is a wanker, pookie is a wanker la laaa la la ooh. la laaa la la ooh':salute:

Does Pook still have any involvement In Withdean 2000 then??

Having failed to get into Withdean stadium at the Albion's expense & bleating to the arsegas about poor little Withdean being thrown onto the street by the Albion, he's now engineered the booting out of Lloyd at Worthing. All the crap about a joint manager role was never a goer IMO.

Pook is well known for his dislike of the Albion. Was the friendly really cancelled because of the newly laid pitch? Speaking to someone who saw it last week, it appeared to have bedded in fine!

I suspect this egotistical twat will run Worthing FC akin to some bananna republic dictator once he gets his feet under the table.

Will the reserves now be looking for another venue to play their games??

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here