Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Too much hyperbole...

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
We all know that when we put our recent history in perspective, the achievements this season, and indeed last, have been exceptional.

With this in mind, the panic and pessimism from some people has been extraordinary.

With regards to who will leave...who knows? Players at every club will be taking down time to assess their options, while managers will be doing exactly the same.

As for Gus, goodness knows what the resolution will be. The progress he has made with the team has been staggering, but he is far from the finished article as a manager. Holloway completely out thought him in the play-offs.

Therefore, if someone else comes in, we haven't lost everything.

Tony Bloom has got everything right so far, let's back him to do the same again - we are hardly a club in crisis.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We all know that when we put our recent history in perspective, the achievements this season, and indeed last, have been exceptional.

With this in mind, the panic and pessimism from some people has been extraordinary.

With regards to who will leave...who knows? Players at every club will be taking down time to assess their options, while managers will be doing exactly the same.

As for Gus, goodness knows what the resolution will be. The progress he has made with the team has been staggering, but he is far from the finished article as a manager. Holloway completely out thought him in the play-offs.

Therefore, if someone else comes in, we haven't lost everything.

Tony Bloom has got everything right so far, let's back him to do the same again.

Not sure that I am seeing much that isn't saying broadly the same

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think there has been too much hyperbole. Admittedly some people have gone a bit OTT, but only a very few. I think most of us accept that whilst this current episode is 'bad' and is a definite step backwards, it is only a relatively minor setback in what otherwise has been an incredible few years of massive forward progress. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later, we couldn't have gone one improving at the rate we were.

Next season will be interesting though. There is a good chance that the new man might take a while to find his feet or he might simply not be as good as Poyet. Consequently results could go against us and we might not do as well. Then we'll see some hyperbolic over-reaction!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't think there has been too much hyperbole. Admittedly some people have gone a bit OTT, but only a very few. I think most of us accept that whilst this current episode is 'bad' and is a definite step backwards, it is only a relatively minor setback in what otherwise has been an incredible few years of massive forward progress. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later, we couldn't have gone one improving at the rate we were.

Next season will be interesting though. There is a good chance that the new man might take a while to find his feet or he might simply not be as good as Poyet. Consequently results could go against us and we might not do as well. Then we'll see some hyperbolic over-reaction!

As I've already said, the new man is on a loser to begin with, apparently nobody is good enough for us - every manager linked gets slagged off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here