Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Howard

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Anyone else think he's just not funny at all, so therefore extremely overrated?

His show is absolute dog shit, full of really immature jokes which somehow get laughed at by his shithead studio audience.

It makes me angry how some comedians, like Howard, Mcintyre and any women comedian pretty much:)down:) are considered funny because they have a large following of immature people.

Maybe it's just me though, as I'm fussy with comedians tbh, the only ones I like are Gervais, Dara, Boyle to an extent and Karl Pilkington (though he's not really a comedian obviously, he's still someone who makes me laugh to great extents).

Does anyone else see the light or are you all in darkness?!:angel:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The great thing about comedy is that it's subjective. Many people on here dislike Gervais!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone else think he's just not funny at all, so therefore extremely overrated?

His show is absolute dog shit, full of really immature jokes which somehow get laughed at by his shithead studio audience.

It makes me angry how some comedians, like Howard, Mcintyre and any women comedian pretty much:)down:) are considered funny because they have a large following of immature people.

Maybe it's just me though, as I'm fussy with comedians tbh, the only ones I like are Gervais, Dara, Boyle to an extent and Karl Pilkington (though he's not really a comedian obviously, he's still someone who makes me laugh to great extents).

Does anyone else see the light or are you all in darkness?!:angel:

If you also hated Wigan, I'd marry you tomorrow. Male OR female.

Russell Howard is painfully unfunny. Why must he be endulged? Grrr.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
The great thing about comedy is that it's subjective. Many people on here dislike Gervais!

I can understand why people don't like him too, things about him I dislike in all honesty but he makes me laugh, and that's all I care about with a comedian, especially if I dislike them as that just shows how funny they are, if you hate them and they still make you laugh!

Russel Howard though, the immaturity in his comedic ways is clear as day, the guy's a shit comedian, end of.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Agreed. Personally i find Gervais to be cripplingly unfunny.

Howard's standup is different to his tv show; i saw him a few years back and he was great.

Jimmy Grimble

He's about as funny as a needle in the eye.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Everyone has to find something funny, so the immature have to be catered for. In a row with the girlfriend last night i had pinned down with nothing but the wish to calm, i moments later, whilst still on top of her, released a slightly damp bumsquawk. I immediately rolled off of her, in tears of laughter that she couldn't help but join in with, whilst looking to hold her breath. That was extraordinarily immature, and repulsive, but i don't like Russell Howard either. Must be the manner of the telling as much as it is the content of the gag itself. His style is less amusing to me than my own splatterpwarps at certain times.

Harry Hill has a large following and i saw him the other month in hysterics in the performance's denouement. So maybe it matters less of how many follow, but simply who the followers be.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Agreed. Personally i find Gervais to be cripplingly unfunny.

Howard's standup is different to his tv show; i saw him a few years back and he was great.

I've seen him on youtube do stand up and I must say he was better than his shitty pathetic excuse of a show but not good enough to make me laugh.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've seen him on youtube do stand up and I must say he was better than his shitty pathetic excuse of a show but not good enough to make me laugh.

Oh well, write him a sincere note telling him to do better to please you?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
When Howard's stand-up style comes through on the show he can be funny, when he is making a cheap joke out of some clip on the internet he is not. Agree with quite a bit of the Gervais stuff people have posted, some act as if he is the saviour of comedy when quite a lot of his stuff is very weak.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Yes, the "football" club. If you can't find enough rational hatred within you, then we just won't work out I'm afraid.

Oh right, it just seemed a bit random that's all.

I have no opinion of them really in general, they deserved to go down as they've gotten out of too many relegation scraps for my liking, every season they seem to just about stay up so when they went down this season it was about 5 seasons too late.

I let out a cheer when they scored that last minute winner to lift the FA Cup though, as I hate Man City with all my heart and it was a joy to see them not even get past little Wigan to clinch their only silverware of the season, was bloody hilarious, up there with Birmingham beating Arsenal in a cup final a few years back. :D

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm in the non funny camp. On the subject of Ricky Gervais, loved the Office but nothing he has done since.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Oh right, it just seemed a bit random that's all.

I have no opinion of them really in general, they deserved to go down as they've gotten out of too many relegation scraps for my liking, every season they seem to just about stay up so when they went down this season it was about 5 seasons too late.

I let out a cheer when they scored that last minute winner to lift the FA Cup though, as I hate Man City with all my heart and it was a joy to see them not even get past little Wigan to clinch their only silverware of the season, was bloody hilarious, up there with Birmingham beating Arsenal in a cup final a few years back. :D

I genuinely only "hate" two things. Wigan, and Russell Howard. In that order. Irrational and a bit mean - but MEH.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Oh well, write him a sincere note telling him to do better to please you?

I'll just tell him to stop making his show, as it's shit. I'll tell him to carry on doing stand up though as he's a bit better at that.

If he accepts my demands it would make my happy, yes.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Don't know who Russell Howard is. Is he that pikey with the long, greasy black hair?

Even though I've seen it a few times before, Peter Kay on Friday night nearly made me p*ss myself. "And Bully's special prize...... a speed boat - they live in Tamworth". "Lost a pound in weight? I sh*t a pound, luv!" :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here