Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chance encounters with Albion fans in everyday life.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I just wondered if anyone has come into contact with or been briefly united with other Albion fans somewhere outside of Sussex, and not at a football game. (Maybe abroad you've by chance sat next to a fellow Albion fan on the Beach or half way up a mountain or something?)

I'll tell you for why. Today I was driving down the M4 and noticed a seagulls car sticker in front of me (i have the Albion air freshener and car sticker visible too) in the next lane. As I drove past he cheered at me, and I wound down my window and cheered back. My friends who don't support football thought it was really cool that even though we don't know each other, and it was just a random encounter on the motorway we briefly bonded through a mutual love of the Seagulls. The power of football you might say.

Your stories please.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Several times, wearing a Btn T shirt on holiday, & seeing Seagulls stickers in cars at service stations on non match days.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Never said it was thrilling. But it just made me wonder what other stories others have. That's all.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I sometimes have to drive into London and am always gutted when I let a car in from a side road and then see a Palace sticker in the window.
I am now a very selfish driver between Coulsdon and Brixton.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not Brighton fans but a good story here goes....

2001 Tenerife,Los Cristianos we were out clubbing and bumped into some Peterborough fans...we said we were Brighton and one of their number said....

"What? Brighton!!!! You boys ave got some boys"...

yeah i said,we were not messed about with at all,they though we was well hard nut cases :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is a car parked near my local (The Albion) in Faversham with a BHA sticker in the front window. Mind you, its not as nice as mine. Nor is the car.

That's it, really.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Bumped into an Albion fan on top of Mt Snowdon once. turned out him and his family were staying at the same holiday camp as me as well. Small world as they say

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
job to find a football fan let alone a Brighton one in my neck of the woods

but I did about 5 years ago,at one of these dinner parties you get roped into just because your English

anyhow spoke at great length about the Albion,mostly the Saward era,the gentleman was a fair bit older than me

seem to remember him giving me a body swerve late on in the evening,I do tend to go on abit where the Albion are concerned

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
As well as being a Brighton fan I support Romford Raiders Ice Hockey Club and in the 90's I booked a last minute holiday to Phapos and as we were checking in to the hotel the kit man who I knew cause I went to school with his son was sitting in the lobby having a coffee, turns out he and his wife were staying in the opposite room on the same floor. Very small world

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I sometimes have to drive into London and am always gutted when I let a car in from a side road and then see a Palace sticker in the window. .

I had exactly that on the Old Steine a few months back. Gutted to see a Palace sticker in the back window as he pulled out in front of me with a wave of thanks.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was hopitalised a few years ago in Bath and the patient in the next bed was also an Albion fan from Worthing.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
In a hostel in Sydney, and his mate lived in the same road as me although I'd never met him.

It gets funnier though. A guy who was also staying with us came from London. About 3 years later I started a new job in Brighton and a it turned out he had moved here and was working there.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Today I was driving down the M4 and noticed a seagulls car sticker in front of me (i have the Albion air freshener and car sticker visible too) in the next lane. As I drove past he cheered at me, and I wound down my window and cheered back. Your stories please.

For a moment then, I thought you were referring to me...! Then I realised you'd said M4. I was on the M25 at lunchtime, going from Oxfordshire to a family do near East Grinstead, when I saw a car with a Seagulls sticker in the back. We have the "Sussex by the Sea" sticker in the back of our car, so I overtook, then gradually slowed down after a while, so the driver of the other car had to overtake me. Sadly, I don't think he or any of the passengers saw my sticker, otherwise it might have been a similar situation to yours!

I've had similar encounters on the Oxford ring road, when other Brighton fans have given the 'thumbs-up' or cheered out of the window etc!

And I met father & son BHA fans in my local Tesco's a couple of years ago.

I also bumped into a whole family of BHA fans in Oxford's covered market last year... as you do :smile:

And I remember high-fiving someone with a BHA shirt on at Glastonbury in 1993. Does that count?? :wink::D

Seagull Stew

My wife works with a Brighton fan. We live in New Zealand!

The last time I saw him was at a christmas function the day after we lost 3-0 to Palace. We approached each other, both shaking our heads and rolling our eyes. It was quite amusing explaining to others around us as to why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here