Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hooper

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Watched the Scottish Cup final this afternoon between Celtic and Hibernian.

Gary Hooper scored two good goals in the Bhoys 3-0 win, 30 in total this season and with only a year left on his contract, he looks set to move on this summer. His interview seemed to confirm it.

Is he a realistic target or will the Premier League prove too tempting at the peak of his career? Hull City have already been linked with him.

Thoughts?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Watched the Scottish Cup final this afternoon between Celtic and Hibernian.

Gary Hooper scored two good goals in the Bhoys 3-0 win, 30 in total this season and with only a year left on his contract, he looks set to move on this summer. His interview seemed to confirm it.

Is he a realistic target or will the Premier League prove too tempting at the peak of his career? Hull City have already been linked with him.

Thoughts?

I'd heard he was on our radar

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Easy to score goals in Scotland. He would only give up champions league football for the Premiership IMO

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm surprised Roy Hodgson hasn't given him a chance yet in an England friendly. Not exactly spoilt for choice up front at the moment with natural finishers. The Republic Of Ireland and Brazil games could've been a chance for new ideas.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wasn't he in High Noon?

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
I cant see Hooper joining us tbh, he has a chance of European football with Celtic so he will stay there or join a club like Wigan/Swansea as they are playing in Europe

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Would love that, as he is probably one of the only truly talented players in the spl, but I highly doubt it will happen as he seems to attract perpetual interest from prem clubs and will cost a premium.

seagullhoop

Nov 6, 2012
Brighton
Never going to happen... Too much potential interest from Premier League mid-bottom feeders. He has been touted for a couple of years now as an outside bet from a prem club. Can't see him going to the Championship unless the wages were silly, and Albion are not silly.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I think they turned down 7m for him in the last window, I think it was Villa.
Ver good player, real poacher.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Top English scorer in the Champions league this season. So no chance

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Laughable, didn't Celtic want over £20 million for him...He deserves an Englanf call up.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Liverpool? Everton? Certainly 11 or 12 of the 13 below them would be interested.

Maybe we could go for Neymar? Heard he's available at right price :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here