Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin O'neil to be the next manger ?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He has been a sucess in every job he's had apart from his last job at Sundeland. Only concern would be the style of football, could he play the style of fooball Brighton play today under Gus ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Another JCL

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Leicester old boy, surely penciled in to take over at the walkers stadium ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No thanks

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
How many more names is somebody going to suggest at random. rumours are all very well, but this is getting tedious.

PS I understand that Brian Clough is going to be reinvigorated through the vortex, and be the next manager.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not sure about O'Neill. Was brilliant at Leicester and did well at Villa but seemed to have lost his way at the end at Sunderland. Would be an interesting choice.

I liked him for much of his career, but he seemed to be very disillusioned towards the end at Sunderland, and I Wonder if he's fallen a little out of love with the game. Also, he has spent heavily in recent years, and he couldn't do that here. It would be interesting though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
O'Neill nearly bankrupted Villa by insisting they spend money the owner couldn't afford and when it was refused he threw his toys out of the pram. Sound familiar?

On that basis it's a no from me.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not sure about O'Neill. Was brilliant at Leicester and did well at Villa but seemed to have lost his way at the end at Sunderland. Would be an interesting choice.

He has a number 2 who goes everywhere with him, John Robertson I think his name is. He didn't go with him to Sunderland.

I'd be happy with MON, he is a cracking manager. Although I would be a bit concerned about all the work Gus did with all the teams and the style of play over the last few years being undone. MON loves playing two wingers though, I think he'd get the best out of KLL.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
O'Neill nearly bankrupted Villa by insisting they spend money the owner couldn't afford and when it was refused he threw his toys out of the pram. Sound familiar?

On that basis it's a no from me.

He had a point, he had them on the verge of Champions League qualification. If they'd have backed him and invested a little bit more they probably would have made it, and they wouldn't be in the situation they're in now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here