Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best memory from Gillingham years

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I remember Peter Smith, gorgeous long legs PUMPING, hair BOUNCING as he raced down the line, and then with no player within 20 yards of him.... He tackled himself and the ball dribbled into touch. To be fair, he then laughed at his own inadequacy. But, God loves a trier and a hero was born... Can't remember the oppo but there was an impressive 3,000 or so there for effectively an away game

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't remember who it was against, but we got to a game about 5 minutes late one week, and I didn't find out until half time we were 0-1 down :eek:

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Hate to say it living in east London the journey for me was half the time but hated the situation. My travelling was on par with fellow seagull fans

cyber seagull

Jul 18, 2003
Can I have 4?

Singing "bee keeper" to the Brentford goalie. The Ginger Prince jumping on Brian Horton after scoring twice. That game against Carlisle on Boxing Day as mentioned above. Happy Days, I think!?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
3 - 1 boxing day v Brentford "we all agree our pikey's better than your pikey". Their pikey went on to score a hatrick for us in the first game at Withdean, our pikey dissapeared up Danielle Westerbrook.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I went to every game bar one at Gillingham and can hardly remember any of it now.

Rod Thomas
The 4-4.
Jeff Wood
Awful Baines/Samrah on the pa
Bring Home The Albion
The Bear
Awful Gilligham
Too many motorways
Getting stuck when got a puncture
Terrible dad driving
Some truly awful football
Barnet on bonfire night no one there