Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby - betting tips

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Are you going in the posh bit or the pikey bit ???

I been to the Derby half a dozen times and unless your in the Queen's box, it's pretty much all pikey lol....Although I havn't been for a few years now. Doesn't even come close to Cheltenham, or on the flat I'd rather go to Goodwood in August, Sussex has so much more class lol....The French raider is quite interesting although, Dawn Approach is a fair price on all known form, but some horses just don't handle Epsom that well.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I been to the Derby half a dozen times and unless your in the Queen's box, it's pretty much all pikey lol....Although I havn't been for a few years now. Doesn't even come close to Cheltenham, or on the flat I'd rather go to Goodwood in August, Sussex has so much more class lol....The French raider is quite interesting although, Dawn Approach is a fair price on all known form, but some horses just don't handle Epsom that well.

Unlike Cheltenham at least you actually get a decent view of the course from tatts.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
They ruined the Derby when they moved it to Saturday, used to love the old Wednesday afternoon on the hill getting pissed with thousands of others. Now it just blends into a Saturday afternoon of sport with 6 other meetings and everything else going on.

Apart from the fav and that thing that won the Dante I haven't a clue whats going to run unlike the Cheltenham festival where everything is studied weeks if not months in advance.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I've been told the view is a bit better and it's a bit less busy (on Gold Cup day) - is this true?

First time I went years and years ago I went in tatts, never again, didn't see a thing. Might as well have stayed at home and watched tv. Ever since always go club, yes it's £70+ but well worth it. Gold Cup day is still packed as they let in a extra 15,000. But Tue/Wed/Thurs is still busy although if you take your spot ten mins before the off, you can get an excellent view from the steps in club enclosure. Try to get down one day a year, but never Gold Cup day again. Get in when they open the gates at 10.30, three hours on the piss and then blow all my dough(usually, with a couple of exceptions) fantastic.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just reading Sir Peter O'Sullevan in todays Post and he reckons Dawn Approach won't stay the trip , good enough opinion for me

Joseph O'Brien said the same thing. In fact, a few fairly well respected opinions seem to be doubting his ability to stay.

I wouldn't want to put a lot on a horse at odds on, with people who know far more than me doubting it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I backed RULER OF THE WORLD (10/1 E/W) today with BetVictor NRNB and If Dawn Approach wins the Epsom Derby we will refund your net losses on the race up to £50 as a Free Bet!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
William Hill going ear'ole about Dawn Approach tomorrow from 8.30 if that floats your boat (not for me).

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Just reading Sir Peter O'Sullevan in todays Post and he reckons Dawn Approach won't stay the trip , good enough opinion for me

Joseph O'Brien said the same thing. In fact, a few fairly well respected opinions seem to be doubting his ability to stay.

I wouldn't want to put a lot on a horse at odds on, with people who know far more than me doubting it.

I backed RULER OF THE WORLD (10/1 E/W) today with BetVictor NRNB and If Dawn Approach wins the Epsom Derby we will refund your net losses on the race up to £50 as a Free Bet!

Cheers @8ace :thumbsup:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Got 33-1 on Galileo Rock at Hills this morning:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here