Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to win a play-off semi home leg (and come from behind!): Brighton v Millwall (30 mins)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Oh man! What a cracking match. Thanks to He Shot He Scored for supplying this video.

Unbelievably, it was our first and last victory at home in the our history in the Play-Offs. Watching this back, what a fantastic player Mike Small really was. Great, great days.

Interesting that the opening title sequence features two Southampton players (Matt Le Tissier and Jimmy Case) that were to wear the stripes of Brighton a few seasons later).

Commentary by the excellent John Helm.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank god for that, saves me a trip to the loft!!!.

As said to the fella next to me, pre palace 'you've got the fear the side who doesn't have a recognized goal scorer'.

Mickey was was immense that day.
Propelled himself into my all time top 10, a position he'll probably keep'.

Nice to see Codnor playing well, there must have been TV cameras there.

Also having a retro classic love in for that NOBO home shirt.

Jan 30, 2008
proper crowd, proper football ,nothing like the sanitised shit we're served up with now and the 5 minute wonder types that have jumped on the bandwagon :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
proper crowd, proper football
DR

The season we averaged 8k, crowds.

But I do take your point.
I enjoy playing 'count the cards', while watching proper football.
It comes to something when Wendy Wilkins wouldn't have lasted a full 90 minutes.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Their number 8, Jon Goodman, went out with a girl at uni and joined in our football training a couple of times. I thought we were alright as a team (local cups and league to our name) but he was unbelievably good. Made me realise just how phenomenal you have to be to play professionally even at a low level.

He retired due to a toe injury a la Lineker I remember.... Ho hum...

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Wow. Flashback. Thank you very much. This has made my weekend.

Those ridiculously long 3/4 length looking shirts. Shell suits everywhere in the crowd. An Albion win after being a goal down. Not bottling it. Going for the jugular and not just sitting back for a one goal lead. The TVS theme music. The Millwall team containing Mike McCarthy and Teddy Sheringham. The Albion heroes Mike 'oxymoron' Small, Codner, Wilkins, Digweed to name but a few.

But then, hoof ball. Terrible pitch. Tackles not seen on a rugby pitch. Fences. Moronic fans on the pitch after one goal.

I love looking back at clips like this but I'd rather be watching Albion 2013 at the Amex than 1991 at the Goldstone even though we were marginally more successful then. Pies are better.

Jan 30, 2008
Wow. Flashback. Thank you very much. This has made my weekend.

Those ridiculously long 3/4 length looking shirts. Shell suits everywhere in the crowd. An Albion win after being a goal down. Not bottling it. Going for the jugular and not just sitting back for a one goal lead. The TVS theme music. The Millwall team containing Mike McCarthy and Teddy Sheringham. The Albion heroes Mike 'oxymoron' Small, Codner, Wilkins, Digweed to name but a few.

But then, hoof ball. Terrible pitch. Tackles not seen on a rugby pitch. Fences. Moronic fans on the pitch after one goal.

I love looking back at clips like this but I'd rather be watching Albion 2013 at the Amex than 1991 at the Goldstone even though we were marginally more successful then. Pies are better.
pies FFS, no character at the AMEX simple, nice stadium but no character to the place :safeway:
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here