Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A word on Brighton's "Budget"

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Feel free to shoot me down, I can take it

But I keep reading on here about our budget or lack of it. Budget is a very misleading term in this case.

Our budget may be mid tableish in the division. Our spending power is not.

Wolves, Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool all have huge budgets compared to us, backed by parachute payments. It hasn't done them much good has it?

Any decent premiership class player that gets relegated, will move to another premiership team, leaving the average players behind in the championship on their premiership wages. These players demand huge wages which is why those teams that come down, in general struggle to sign players. West Ham went for broke and got lucky. Others have struggled. Look at Birmingham, Zigic is still on a contract worth north of 50k a week. O'Hara at Wolves rumoured to be on 30k a week.

As I say, shoot me down if you want, but our top earner is on around 12k. Last season we had a CMS, Vicente, Bridcutt, Kuscaczak and still had a lot of change out of what Birmingham pay Zigic.

So whilst out "budget" is far less than those, our spending power isn't.

I expect Wigan, Reading and QPR to struggle next season as well.

So please stop attacking/defending Bloom, Barber, or Poyet on size of budget. Its a very misleading phrase.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
[h=3]budg·et[/h]

Noun

An estimate of income and expenditure for a set period of time.

Hope that helps

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I dont feell we have a budget like forest ,leeds, leicester, and bolton and plus the 3 who have came down from the prem but i still think our budget is okay for where we are

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
You don't know the real figures on our budget so.. SHUT UP, SIT DOWN
Hello Mr Angry. Don't recall where I said I did. Merely the term is misleading. What I fairly sure of is what the top earner gets.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wolves, Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool all have huge budgets compared to us, backed by parachute payments. It hasn't done them much good has it?

you know absolutely nothing as Wolves need to cut their player budget by 60% next season

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
From now on it's all about the Financial Fair Play regulations which is why the budget has been tightly controlled. Gus appeared not to agree with working within these parameters. A lot of clubs who don't adhere are going to come unstuck in the next couple of years.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
you know absolutely nothing as Wolves need to cut their player budget by 60% next season
I was talking about this season. Off course Wolves have to cut their budget. They are in the third tier of English football. Maybe they have to cut it next season, because they lose parachute payments as they are now longer in the championship??

If our budget was more than a relegated premiership club who receive parachute payments, then how could Gus complained about it all the time?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
From now on it's all about the Financial Fair Play regulations which is why the budget has been tightly controlled. Gus appeared not to agree with working within these parameters. A lot of clubs who don't adhere are going to come unstuck in the next couple of years.
And with our gates being 2000 higher than anyone in the division (they three down and three up are hardly going to challenge that fact) and with new sponsorship deals starting, I would suggest with FFP we should have one of the most competetive budgets in the championship. I generally cannot wait for next season to start.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was talking about this season. Off course Wolves have to cut their budget. They are in the third tier of English football. Maybe they have to cut it next season, because they lose parachute payments as they are now longer in the championship??

If our budget was more than a relegated premiership club who receive parachute payments, then how could Gus complained about it all the time?

They don't lose the parachute payments it is called Financial Fair Play, you are totally clueless

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
They don't lose the parachute payments it is called Financial Fair Play, you are totally clueless
So you keep saying. ??? But if you are going to call me clueless, bear in mind in Wolves case it has nothing to do with Financial fair play. If you are going to call other posters clueless, at least know what you are talking about, before throwing **** around that they may not.

Makes you look a bit of a tit otherwise.

Championship operate Financial Fair Play.

League One, where Wolves are, I believe operate Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP)...... wanna join the clueless club?:moo:

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So you keep saying. ??? But if you are going to call me clueless, bear in mind in Wolves case it has nothing to do with Financial fair play. If you are going to call other posters clueless, at least know what you are talking about, before throwing **** around that they may not.

Makes you look a bit of a tit otherwise.

Championship operate Financial Fair Play.

League One, where Wolves are, I believe operate Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP)...... wanna join the clueless club?:moo:

League 1 has had fpp for three years as per our very own FD.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Utter gash from the OP. No one has a clue what our budget Is except TB. I can guarantee he hasn't bought a stadium for 128m to let us languish in the lower leagues. Our squad should have got auto promotion this season. We are 3 players short.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here