Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus is god

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
:nono: I'm confused, I don't believe in any religious gods, gus was god for me,and the Amex,mychurch..
I believed in gus, he was the one, i loved watching him a from few rows back in west lower in the dug out, barmy at times, the missus would "gus watch" and have to agree he was fascinating to watch, and I will miss him, but in the end after looking back at the carnage, I guess , in the end gus thought he was a god , the messiah, and now ....I'm an unbeliever again, and have decided there is , and was :wink:no god after all:clap2:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The only faith is in BHA. Managers and players come and go. We, the fans, are the only constant. WE are the club.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
With the fans its 'unconditional' whatever the weather!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Remember when Micky Adams had a go at us fans who were criticising his team selections and tactics? He said something about knowing who the enemies were. I went on Harty's radio show after one abysmal display and pointed out that we were here long before he ever gave Brighton a second thought and we would still be there long after he and Naylor had picked up their P45's.

Probably more so than any other club in the league we exist today because of the fans. Barber may well have an agenda, Poyet too but I take great comfort in knowing that Tony Bloom is a proper fan too.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Remember when Micky Adams had a go at us fans who were criticising his team selections and tactics? He said something about knowing who the enemies were. I went on Harty's radio show after one abysmal display and pointed out that we were here long before he ever gave Brighton a second thought and we would still be there long after he and Naylor had picked up their P45's.

Probably more so than any other club in the league we exist today because of the fans. Barber may well have an agenda, Poyet too but I take great comfort in knowing that Tony Bloom is a proper fan too.
Spot on!

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Probably more so than any other club in the league we exist today because of the fans. Barber may well have an agenda, Poyet too but I take great comfort in knowing that Tony Bloom is a proper fan too.[/QUOTE]

I like this paragraph A LOT!

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
:nono: I'm confused, I don't believe in any religious gods, gus was god for me,and the Amex,mychurch..
I believed in gus, he was the one, i loved watching him a from few rows back in west lower in the dug out, barmy at times, the missus would "gus watch" and have to agree he was fascinating to watch, and I will miss him, but in the end after looking back at the carnage, I guess , in the end gus thought he was a god , the messiah, and now ....I'm an unbeliever again, and have decided there is , and was :wink:no god after all:clap2:

I'm a believer and I find this blasphemous!

I'm a believer in Brighton and Hove Albion

Dick Knight is my God

Peter Ward is my Lord

Tony Bloom is my Pope

Gus is just my priest! Nothing more!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I don't believe he has. I think his anger about poogate was genuine and justified and I think he has served us very well over the years.

I hate that it seems to be ending like this.

very much this

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here