Beers from Eastern Europe

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Budvar. Better than the American copy.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Seem to drink these two the most, depending on mood.

Attachments

• gambrinus.jpg
    gambrinus.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 262
  • kozel.jpg
    kozel.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 292

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Budvar. Better than the American copy.

its so far removed, it doesnt warrant being called a "copy", the US one is just rip off of the name.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Budvar and Tyskie are probably the only two I can remember having, bith nice.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just chugging a couple of bottles of Adnams Ghost Ship....its from Southwold so its a bit East.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Lots of fantastic regional and microbrewery beers in Poland these days although they mostly aren't reaching these shores yet. If anyone's heading out to Krakow soon I would highly recommend visiting at least one of House of Beer or Beergallery in the old town and Omerta or Strefa Piwa in Kazimierz (Jewish Quarter) and trying some of the more exotic choices you will see on sale. Everything from Imperial IPA's via honey beers to Baltic Stout.
http://www.beerpubs.pl/a182,Krakow-s-Beer-Revolution

northseagull

Dec 30, 2012
Goes without saying the Vodka from Poland is worth trying - a million miles away from the usual UK available brands - Mr Patisson Polish shop on Preston Road, near Preston circus does a great line in Polish beer and Vodka, and while your there, the sausage is damm good too. Kubus near Worthing train station also worth a look.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I teach a lot of Russians here and once I was half jokingly telling a 6th form class that I didn't believe Russia made ANY beers and one of the lads responded by bringing me in 12 bottles of Baltika 7, brewed in St Petersburg.

Very nice it was too!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Steer clear of Zagorka [Bulgaria] horrible ,Dreher [Hungary ] a lovely drop .
Dreher is indeed nice, but when in Hungary, steer clear of their national "liquer", Unicum. It comes in a round bottle and can only be drunk ice cold (ie cold enough to take away most of the taste).

When I was in Budapest I ended up drinking with a load of Dutch metalheads I bumped into in a bar. We were doing a shot of Unicum with each round, my head the next morning was the worst it'd been in a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here