Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SMART TVs

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
As there is a thread on 3D TVs, I am considering buying a smart TV, we have BT broadband and I am thinking of using the app to watch the footie (but also want to use for i-player youtube etc). Does anybody know if this is possible or have any recommendations ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
From what I gather the BT sport app allows you to stream to a tablet or smartphone. There is a BT Sport online player for pc or mac but you will need to feed the signal into the TV (wireless dongle or ethernet cable ?). As BT Sport doesn't start until August 1st things may alter but the consensus of opinion is there may not be a smart TV app to begin with.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i gather that BT will be free to you using a PC based app/portal or tablet/smartphone apps. to watch directly on tellybox you need a box you pay for (so its not free at all). however, you can route PC to TV on most nowadays over HDMI, DVI or D-SUB depending on what connectors you have each end. Smart TV is a good idea, but not for BT sport.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
i gather that BT will be free to you using a PC based app/portal or tablet/smartphone apps. to watch directly on tellybox you need a box you pay for (so its not free at all). however, you can route PC to TV on most nowadays over HDMI, DVI or D-SUB depending on what connectors you have each end. Smart TV is a good idea, but not for BT sport.

A YouView box from Richer Sounds is £180. A gold plated 5 metre HDMI-HDMI cable purchased online (such as Amazon or E-bay) will cost less than a tenner.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Thanks for advice so far - can PC be fed to TV with a wireless connection ?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

I've read somewhere that bt Internet customers get free bt sports channels through their sky box

Edit here it is http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html

Last edited:

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Extremely delighted with my Sony bravia smart tv.
Im not with bt but I can use iPlayer, utube, lovefilm, Skype, surf etc.
Only had tv short while so still discovering its full potential.
No leads or any other fancy stuff, it just hooks in to my wireless router

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Most decent cheap sat recievers now have HD 3D and smart capabilities. Much cheaper. It's already out of date. The next step will be a total tv which has complete net, remote keyboard and is compatable wirelessly with smart phones and tablets. I'd just go for a good tv and then get the rest of the stuff after. Most cable and sat boxes are ahead of the tv's anyway.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We have a smart 3D tv and to be honest, we don't make full use of it. Maybe the adults are too old and the children too young?

gullty

Oct 24, 2003
Edge of the World
Most decent cheap sat recievers now have HD 3D and smart capabilities. Much cheaper. It's already out of date. The next step will be a total tv which has complete net, remote keyboard and is compatable wirelessly with smart phones and tablets. I'd just go for a good tv and then get the rest of the stuff after. Most cable and sat boxes are ahead of the tv's anyway.

Next step is already available with android 4.2. quad core stick/box paired with wireless/BT flymouse keyboard.Can be controlled by smartphone as well as displaying what is on phone screen.Think 50'' 1080p. smartphone.Install XBMC and watch most of the worlds tv and movies for free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here