Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3-D T.V's......

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Does anyone actually have one? Are they any good and do the glasses get on your tits after a while???

Considering getting one but wanna know if it's worth it...

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
The TV I wanted to buy came with it - but wouldn't pay extra for it. Watched a couple of films and the odd prem game. Glasses aren't as bad as you might think but if it came to a choice then better to spend money on upgrading the audio of a standard flatscreen TV than paying extra for 3D in my view

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
On a similar note, what are 3D movies like? We've never been to one before and Mrs P want to go and see The Great Gatsby tonight, but the only showing that fits into our time frame is in 3D. Are they any good?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I too am being taken to see the Great Gatsby in 3D tonight by my Sister and niece. Somehow, this has been sold to me as MY birthday present. Wha, wha, wha?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Have the Samsung 8 series , used 3D on a number of occasions but not regularly. We got the TV as it was a good one based on reviews, 3D was a bonus on it,

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If you're considering a 3d tv then go for passive as it uses polarised lenses the same as at the cinema as opposed to active which uses £40+ per pair glasses, also passive glasses weigh next to nothing. If you have sky hd then you'll get 3d (channel 170) free, just needs to be activated by sky. If you have a ps3 then you won't need a 3d Blu ray player as ps3 does this, and has quite a few 3d games (gt5 & cod black ops are pretty special in 3d). All 3d tvs have a function to convert 2d into 3d but it is nowhere near as good as something recorded/transmitted in 3d. Use mine a couple of times a month, it IS a gimmick but I quite like it :)

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
My stepson has a 3Dtv and to be honest i would'nt get one. It's great to watch but i find after a while you kind of forget it's 3D.

You get about 30mins of wow and then the rest kind of feels normal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On a similar note, what are 3D movies like? We've never been to one before and Mrs P want to go and see The Great Gatsby tonight, but the only showing that fits into our time frame is in 3D. Are they any good?

3D is better when you watch it on a cinema screen as it is more immersive. 3DTV will only look good on a 4K screen being fed 4K material (ie side by side at 1920 X 1080P)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you're considering a 3d tv then go for passive as it uses polarised lenses the same as at the cinema as opposed to active which uses £40+ per pair glasses, also passive glasses weigh next to nothing. If you have sky hd then you'll get 3d (channel 170) free, just needs to be activated by sky. If you have a ps3 then you won't need a 3d Blu ray player as ps3 does this, and has quite a few 3d games (gt5 & cod black ops are pretty special in 3d). All 3d tvs have a function to convert 2d into 3d but it is nowhere near as good as something recorded/transmitted in 3d. Use mine a couple of times a month, it IS a gimmick but I quite like it :)
Agreed , if you're susceptible to migraines don't buy an active 3D TV , active works on a shutter system alternating between the left and right lenses.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
3D is a fad and is dying away at the cinema now. Might as well have it if the TV comes with it, but you'll never use it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here