Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Cure - Favourtie Songs

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Noticed on the top 3 songs of all time there were a lot of Cure songs!

Love them myself and think they deserve their own thread.

To kick off title track from Disintegration.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A lot in the top 3?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I want this played at my funeral

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
F-I-R-E-I-N-C-A-I-R-O

[Yt]tIqf67ovjAE[/yt]

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Always loved the Cure, awesome band. For a while in the late 80s, Robert Smith decided he hated the sound off his phone ringing, so he turned the ringer off and just picked it up every now and then to see of anyone was there!

This isn't my favourite Cure song, although it's up there in the top 5, it is however, one of my favourite videos of all time. Just the concept of shooting an entire video in a wardrobe which falls of a cliff...

...what could possibly go wrong?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Always loved the Cure, awesome band. For a while in the late 80s, Robert Smith decided he hated the sound off his phone ringing, so he turned the ringer off and just picked it up every now and then to see of anyone was there!

This isn't my favourite Cure song, although it's up there in the top 5, it is however, one of my favourite videos of all time. Just the concept of shooting an entire video in a wardrobe which falls of a cliff...

...what could possibly go wrong?

They all got sick from the water they used in the video didn't they?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
They all got sick from the water they used in the video didn't they?

I hadn't heard that one, but it's possible. I know the fallot against Lol Tolhurst was going on at the time and the rest of the band nearly drowned him. This is a direct quote from Tim Pope, who directed the video:

"I think the feeling of persecution amongst the Cure members finally culminated in 'Close To Me', because, when we all had to go down into this big vat of water, it was fairly sedate, until I put Lol in, right in the middle. As soon as the music started, people were holding him under, these fists were coming, clothes over his face, shoes coming in, smashing into his face, and feet kicking him. It’s terrible, really, a sin… When we watched the rushes, we were in tears".

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Three Imaginary Boys (album) is superb

first saw them support Siouxie & The Banshees at the Centre circa 79

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here