Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus, Stoke, Hughes & Gus

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Stoke fans residing in Sussex must be thrilled with the amount of column inches they are now getting in our local rag. I'm not sure why there is not a regular Stoke section in the Argus but I'm confident there will be soon.

It appears that the Argus is none too happy with the Hughes to Stoke story:
"The Argus understands reports suggesting Stoke have already approached Mark Hughes – who would be an unpopular choice with many fans – for the job are premature". I wonder what Stoke fans they've been talking to?

The Argus' continued campaign to oust our second best manager of all time (and the man to led us to our best position in 30 years as well as signing glorious players such as Ulloa, Bridge and Bridcutt) is starting to grate. The Argus WANT Gus to take over at Stoke, it's so obvious. All Gus needs is a reality check that no Premier League teams want him this summer and a rocket up his ass from Tony; he'll then be able to lead us to success next season. :cute:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stoke fans residing in Sussex must be thrilled with the amount of column inches they are now getting in our local rag. I'm not sure why there is not a regular Stoke section in the Argus but I'm confident there will be soon.
Maybe it's because the chief sports writer is a Stoke fan?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe it's because the chief sports writer is a Stoke fan?

Years ago I asked him about this, he dismissed it as rubbish and said that his favourite player as a kid was Gordon Banks who happened to play for Stoke at the time and that he was not a Stoke fan. Does he actually come from that part of the world? :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont see why Hughes would be unpopular. aside from calamity at QPR he's done OK. he does suffer from need-more-money-itis, but then half managers do.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Years ago I asked him about this, he dismissed it as rubbish and said that his favourite player as a kid was Gordon Banks who happened to play for Stoke at the time and that he was not a Stoke fan. Does he actually come from that part of the world? :shrug:

I don't think it's a secret anymore... He tweeted when he met upson something along the lines of 'I bet upson wasn't expecting the first journo he met at the Albion to be a stoke fan'

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

It appears that the Argus is none too happy with the Hughes to Stoke story:
"The Argus understands reports suggesting Stoke have already approached Mark Hughes – who would be an unpopular choice with many fans – for the job are premature". I wonder what Stoke fans they've been talking to?

The Argus' continued campaign to oust our second best manager of all time (and the man to led us to our best position in 30 years as well as signing glorious players such as Ulloa, Bridge and Bridcutt) is starting to grate. The Argus WANT Gus to take over at Stoke, it's so obvious. All Gus needs is a reality check that no Premier League teams want him this summer and a rocket up his ass from Tony; he'll then be able to lead us to success next season. :cute:

It's not the Argus, more Andy Naylor :wanker:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If Poyet doesn't secure a job elsewhere, there is as much chance of him leading out the team at the start of the next as there is of finding life on the sun!!!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With Hughes about to take over at Stoke, Naylor will be gutted his Poyet to Stoke propaganda failed! Gus now has no Premier League team to manage. Off to Spain now or Wigan?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
With Hughes about to take over at Stoke, Naylor will be gutted his Poyet to Stoke propaganda failed! Gus now has no Premier League team to manage. Off to Spain now or Wigan?

All the Arsegas cares about is new ... good or bad, but bad news sells more.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A lot of the stuff going online will be relatively re-hashed news like the El Abd/Lopez story from the weekend or vaguely Brighton/Poyet related aimed at getting web hits until something important happens...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here