Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
So here's a possible scenario. We are below Bournemouth in the table, captained by Tommy Elphick and with Steve Cook at the heart of the defence. Does it say anything about our decision making in the release of players or the respective abilities of Gus and Howe?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Its a fair comment, but is Elphick or Cook really better than Greer, Upson or AEA based on form during their time with us. Never had a problem with them going and League 1 is a lot different to the Championship.

I actually felt one of Cooks best games for us was as a right back.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Its a fair comment, but is Elphick or Cook really better than Greer, Upson or AEA based on form during their time with us. Never had a problem with them going and League 1 is a lot different to the Championship.

I actually felt one of Cooks best games for us was as a right back.

Certainly not better than Greer or Upson but I did see Cook as a prospect and was surprised when he went. Funny how things can turn out though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can I wait and see how many of our best players we lose or how many good players we get in before I decide. If we have to rebuild we could struggle. Not sure that we will be able to compare Gus to Howe if Gus isn't the manager next season either.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
So here's a possible scenario. We are below Bournemouth in the table, captained by Tommy Elphick and with Steve Cook at the heart of the defence. Does it say anything about our decision making in the release of players or the respective abilities of Gus and Howe?

At the time neither were quite good enough to hold down a place in the starting XI and they both wanted regular first team football. I didn't want them to go, but it was the right move for all parties as it meant would could rebuild in areas where we had less strength in depth.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So, first game next season we draw away to Wigan and B'mth win at home to Barnsley. They're above us in the table but what does that prove?

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Once we're a sensible number of games into the season the scenario won't happen, partly because we'll have a better defence then Bournemouth.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Can't really say that as the league hasn't started. I'd rather cook than elphick though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
At least when Elphick comes to the Amex those in WSU will get to see the ball flying by at their level a few times during the game (assuming he gets anywhere near the ball)

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Are you saying that in the last third of last season you would rather of had cook and elphick rather than upson or greer and that you would be more confident with cook and elphick dealing with an ulloa type forward then upson etc. Dont agree with you I am afraid.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
So here's a possible scenario. I spend the rest of my life in pursuit of inventing a time machine so I can go back and make up the wasted 30 seconds looking at this thread.

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Eddie Howe has a bit of a Midas touch with players - he turns average players into good ones, and good ones into very good ones. Bit like Brian Clough in that respect.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
So here's a possible scenario, I'm walking to work and get hit by a meteor. Does it say anything about my choice to change career 4 years ago?

Yes, you wouldn't have been hit by a meteor if you hadn't changed careers, you'd have been walking down a different road

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Are you saying that in the last third of last season you would rather of had cook and elphick rather than upson or greer and that you would be more confident with cook and elphick dealing with an ulloa type forward then upson etc. Dont agree with you I am afraid.

Not saying anything either way, just that it would be ironic if they were above us at some stage.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here