Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Members
    Rand the corner from the Cricketers, Saffwick

House to rent needed!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Once more me and the good TrickyOne family have been stitched up by landlords wanting a long lease, only to be served with a section 21 4 months into the tennancy! I'm currently having chemotherapy and on long term leave...with no savings to speak of. The council want us to stay until we are evicted but moralistically I find this difficult to swallow. So....long story short, I'm looking for a 3 bed house in the Southwick, Lancing, Shoreham, Portslade area. Wouldn't ask on here but there seems to be little around!!
    If the milk turns out to be sour.....I ain't the kinda pussy to drink it!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Originally the Swankers Garage_Doors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Sorry to hear of the grief, what is a section 21?
      God Save The Queen
      Members

House to rent needed!!!

0 Not allowed!
      The council are right. Sit tight and swallow your pride if I were you mate.
      Good luck with everything
      Living in bandit territory!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      A section 21 is a notice of reposession, so we have only a month to find somewhere to live. My daughter has just had a baby and due to my illness i've not been able to save any extra from my wages, bit of a bummer really!!!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TrickyOne View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Once more me and the good TrickyOne family have been stitched up by landlords wanting a long lease, only to be served with a section 21 4 months into the tennancy! I'm currently having chemotherapy and on long term leave...with no savings to speak of. The council want us to stay until we are evicted but moralistically I find this difficult to swallow. So....long story short, I'm looking for a 3 bed house in the Southwick, Lancing, Shoreham, Portslade area. Wouldn't ask on here but there seems to be little around!!
      Unless I am very much mistaken they cant do this in the first 6 months of your tenancy ?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Cheers Muzzy, just feels shite tbh I've never relied on the state to support me but this time I'm in the brown gubbins!
      Originally the Swankers Garage_Doors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I thought the whole point of a lease was a contract for fixed amount of time, don't they have to just cause to repossess?
      God Save The Queen
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Take a look on rightmove website - they have quite a few 3 beds in your required location - best of luck
      Members

House to rent needed!!!

0 Not allowed!
      Been there and had to do it about 20 years ago. The council were brilliant and helped me and my family immensely. I was ill and private renting at the time and could no longer afford the rent.
      Now back in a lot better shape and buying my own place.
      Citizens advice would probably advise you to sit tight as well.

Life tends to kick you hard at the worst possible times but you sometimes just have to use the system and kick back harder. After all, it's what it's there for matey
      Living in bandit territory!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bravohotelalpha View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Unless I am very much mistaken they cant do this in the first 6 months of your tenancy ?
      Yeah, unfortunately the notice period ends at 6 months. Shame as it cost so much to move in..credit checks-£400, holding deps £200. unbelievable really as the letting agents sent me a letter telling me that i have to pay £50 for the itinery comapny to check us out!! Proper joke!!