Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bowie : Five Years - BBC2 Saturday the 25th May @ 21:20

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For all you Bowie lovers and fans (of which I know there are loads on NSC) a real treat in store.

A 90 minute documentary including previously unseen footage and interviews.

The world legend is far too often over used however in the context of David Bowie it is not.

Probably the greatest rock artist to have ever lived on the planet, the man is a genius.

Not a program to be missed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Cheers for that. Stuff the football

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Snakes on plane, I am going to Marmaris in August, surely bars will remain open ?
This could be a massive own goal by the Turkish Government. I'm going to wait for a few weeks to see what happens as i was planning to go at the end of June.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
This could be a massive own goal by the Turkish Government. I'm going to wait for a few weeks to see what happens as i was planning to go at the end of June.

It's only shops that will be restricted, bars and restaurants will still be able to sell it. This is from a friend of mine who runs a bar in Fethiye.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't forget to set Sky plus if watching the CL Final

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
So Bowie's a greater rock artist than Springsteen, Neil Young, Dylan or Jackson Browne? I dont think so, although 'Sound and vision' was a good song.

So Bowie's a greater rock artist than Springsteen,, Dylan or Jackson Browne? I dont think so, although 'Sound and vision' was a good song.

IMO Springsteen, Jackson Browne, Neil Young, don't even come close. He is up there with Dylan though. I'm not a massive Bowie fan by any means but in terms of myth making, originality and influence he's stratospheric.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So Bowie's a greater rock artist than Springsteen, Neil Young, Dylan or Jackson Browne? I dont think so, although 'Sound and vision' was a good song.

Miles ahead of any of those for me. But I'm biased.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
There's no doubt Bowie is the finest ground breaking rock figures this country has ever produced.
His changing persona and musical direction has never been matched.
Finally RIP Trevor Bolder, one of the Spiders from Mars.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just started to watch this and it is amazing, Bowie remains so far ahead of everyone in the rock world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here