Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How to reach the Play-Off Finals: Millwall v Brighton 1990/91 (10 mins)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was surprised to see that long-ish highlights of this match weren't on YouTube so I've put them up yesterday.

Brilliant atmosphere and result at the Den. Also, perhaps a lesson in how to come back from a goal down.

The victory contributes to our overall away record in Play-Off Semi-Finals of Played 3, Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 0. Not bad!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had the home leg on VHS, for many a year.

I watched that match so so many times.
There weren't many teams we wouldn't have ripped apart, that day.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Have you still got the tape Stat Brother?

If not, has anyone got the televised highlights of the home leg with TVS commentary? Please upload them if you have. Would be great to get 10-15 mins of the first leg onto YouTube.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Amazing night,one I will never forget.Mike Small was fantastic despite taking some very Nasty abuse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If not, has anyone got the televised highlights of the home leg with TVS commentary? Please upload them if you have. Would be great to get 10-15 mins of the first leg onto YouTube.
Ah, we were very lucky with my last piece of nostalgia. I fear this time we won't.

I'd estimate there's a 5% chance it's in the loft, and even if it was, there is probably only a 1% chance it's still viewable.

Fingers crossed someone else will have it, it not I'll have a hunt, next week.

Oh and I'm pretty sure it was the whole game, not 10-15 mins.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

I've got it on tape but no way of uploading it. You're welcome to have the tape (which contains some other misc. highlights) if you want it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Amazing night,one I will never forget.Mike Small was fantastic despite taking some very Nasty abuse.

Was a great night and it was my 16th birthday.

Thought it was going to be my last as well trying to get out of the ground :lol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've got it on tape but no way of uploading it. You're welcome to have the tape (which contains some other misc. highlights) if you want it.

Great. Thank you! Is it the whole game or TV highlights? Does it have commentary if the whole game?

:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The whole game has commentary, too.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Great. Thank you! Is it the whole game or TV highlights? Does it have commentary if the whole game?

:)

From memory it's the TV highlights - I can't check as I no longer have a VHS player. PM me your address & I can pop it in the post if you like.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
A great night in my BHAFC supporting life.
I remember the Millwall supporters setting light to things on the terraces after the final whistle and thinking the coach home could be a target, but was surprised that as we drove through the streets around the Den that there was no one around.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Have you forgotton something?

As far as I can remember, we drew the first leg at Selhurst Park.

(Small consolation in the general scheme of things, mind you!)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If you'd added the home record it wouldn't look so good!
Also, you lost the final didn't you... So woldn't that count as an away loss

I don't know what you're trying to argue about. I made a point that we haven't yet lost an away semi-final in the Play-Offs which is true, and you fail to dent the fact that this is true by trying to make out games at neutral venues count as 'away' matches.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here