Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eric Steele Released

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Perhaps.

Depends how many of the staff Gus takes with him to his new job.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
John Keeley is probably in the market for a job too, lets wait and see who our new man is though before making big leaps.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Mike Phelan released as well and would imagine he will be on the lookout for stepping up to being a number 1 somewhere

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I hope not.

The last thing we need at the club right now is another number 2!

I would suggest a more realistic target than some names being banded about. Also someone with significant coaching and assistant management experience at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I guess part of the appointment of Moyes was he brings in his own team, very surprised Phelan was released been there for years.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Apart from the fact he has got to be 60+, probably settled up north, plenty of dosh in the bank. My guess is he will probably enjoy a very nice retirement.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
New managers very rarely retain the previous man's backroom team and Moyes probably feels he needs to surround himself with his own men that he is used to working with in order to hit the ground running there.

Presumably Mike Phelan is now 8th favourite with the bookies for the Brighton manager's job?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I often see him when waking the dog. Nice guy and still has a lot of time for the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here