Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RAF jets scrambled in UK

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Breaking news now.

RAF Typhoon jets have been launched to investigate an incident involving a civilian aircraft within UK airspace, the Ministry of Defence has said.

Reports said the aircraft was a Pakistani passenger plane which had been diverted from Manchester to Stansted Airport.

WTF is going on now?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I love these breaking (no) news stories.

Best bit so far: BBC Newsreader refers to them as RAF Tycoons rather than Typhoons.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Cue the anti Muslim press... oh wait the sun has already begun its onslaught. "An Essex Police spokeswoman said: “An incident has occurred on an aircraft. Police and partners are responding."
It follows the murder of a British soldier this week by Muslim fanatics. An airline official was quoted as saying the issue was a "security" incident." How in any way shape or form should this be related to the Soldier earlier this week. I sometimes wonder if the rest of this world is brainwashed with pure nonsensical and stereotyped press (and The Argus)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hopefully just a precaution - and a peaceful outcome.

After the Woolwich incident it is reassuring to see some decisive action rather than let the bad guys make all of the running, which makes the country look like a soft target.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Cue the anti Muslim press... oh wait the sun has already begun its onslaught. "An Essex Police spokeswoman said: “An incident has occurred on an aircraft. Police and partners are responding."
It follows the murder of a British soldier this week by Muslim fanatics. An airline official was quoted as saying the issue was a "security" incident." How in any way shape or form should this be related to the Soldier earlier this week. I sometimes wonder if the rest of this world is brainwashed with pure nonsensical and stereotyped press (and The Argus)

You're right, 1st thing I thought was Jedi fundamentalists but now you come to mention it

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Hopefully just a precaution - and a peaceful outcome.

After the Woolwich incident it is reassuring to see some decisive action rather than let the bad guys make all of the running, which makes the country look like a soft target.

Do you know how many people have been killed in Britain in the last 5 years due to terrorism? I think they do rather a good job, can not stop it all.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Do you know how many people have been killed in Britain in the last 5 years due to terrorism? I think they do rather a good job, can not stop it all.

Agreed !
A fair few plots foiled too so it's not that the threat has not been there

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is good that the RAF didn't hide round the corner like the old bill did! lol

Having air to air missiles onboard helps when confronting an Air Pakistan passenger plane.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Love the fact that there is an advert for Boeing Dreamliner 787 at the top of this page. You have to love google's intelligence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here