Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

reading fc have released players

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Relegated Reading announce that Noel Hunt, Ian Harte, Nicky Shorey, Simon Church and Jay Tabb have not been offered new deals at the club.

"Every one of those five players will be fondly remembered for their professionalism, diligence and service," said a Reading statement.

Keepers Stuart Taylor and Jonathan Henly, midfielder Lawson D'Ath and defenders Nick Arnold, Shane Griffin, Matt Partridge are in talks to stay.

Alex Pearce also looks set to leave.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from reading fc website
Director of Football issues thanks

Director of Football Nick Hammond has paid tribute to the first team players leaving Madejski Stadium this summer.

Noel Hunt, Ian Harte, Nicky Shorey, Simon Church, Jay Tabb and Joseph Mills are all moving on to pastures new, having each made an impact on the club’s success during their time in Berkshire.

Nick said, “Every one of the players leaving this summer has played in a part in the club’s recent success and on behalf of the club I would like to wish them all well for the future.

“Both on and off the pitch they have shown great professionalism, set excellent examples to our young players and contributed massively to the team.

“Now both they and the club move to the next stage of their futures and the players will be welcome back at Madejski Stadium any time.”

Speaking regarding Alex Pearce, Nick said, “We have been speaking to him with regards to his contract throughout the season. Unfortunately, up until this point we have not managed to find a deal which is mutually acceptable to both parties. I am keen however, now the season has finished, to have a further conversation with Alex and his representatives to understand his thoughts and give him the club’s final position.”

Youngsters Angus MacDonald, Charlie Losasso, Josh Webb and Brett Williams are all moving on, and Nick added, “Our young players have an excellent grounding here and a good opportunity to continue their careers elsewhere. We’ll be doing all we can to help them at the next stage of their development and they all move on with our best wishes.”

Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/thankstodepartingroyals-834543.aspx#duQjSCdlXm31qtCc.99

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
If we fail to sign Bridge we should go after Ian Harte. Joseph Mills would be a good back-up to either

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we fail to sign Bridge we should go after Ian Harte. Joseph Mills would be a good back-up to either

Harte will be 36 in August. I would rather we sign Ian Hart.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
id like us to bring in ian harte even if just to play 15 mins

quality set piece taker, he was the bane of my life on pro evo back in the day, his free kicks ALWAYS went in - i think Inter always brought him in on my master league

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'd take Simon Church. Good alternative (and cover) for CMS

If you mean good cover by having a striker that doesnt score then I'd agree he'd be great. They have tried to offload Church onto just about every team in the division and there is a reason no one has taken him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here