Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CKR charged with making homophobic gestures at AMEX

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A footballer will appear in court after fans claimed he made repeated homophobic gestures during a match.

Blackburn player Colin Kazim-Richards, 26, has been summonsed to appear at Brighton Magistrates' Court on August 22 to answer a charge under Section 5 of the Public Order Act.

The summons relates to an alleged gesture that Kazim-Richards made to the crowd when he was playing for Blackburn Rovers in a Championship football match Albion at the Amex on February 12.

The Turkey international was interviewed by officers from Sussex Police about the alleged incident earlier this year.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1044...aking_homophobic_gesture_during_Albion_match/

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
is this another thread where comments should be left to a minimum

Well the **** of the**** shouldn't be used unless a **** or of course a ******* happens to be non specific.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Not sure that this particular incident makes the club look like a laughing stock..plenty of other ammo recently!

Not just saying this because I'm a Palace fan, but your PR and club image is a disaster at the moment. This whole homophobic thing is a real fiasco...Brighton is the gay capital of the world, therefore you will get stick for it (rightly or wrongly). After the poohgate incident, an actual Brighton fan from work joked that 'it wasn't the first time someone from Brighton got caught with his pants down'. It made everyone laugh and wasn't mean in an offensive manner to anyone. I just think your club is taking yourself and football way too seriously

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not just saying this because I'm a Palace fan, but your PR and club image is a disaster at the moment. This whole homophobic thing is a real fiasco...Brighton is the gay capital of the world, therefore you will get stick for it (rightly or wrongly). After the poohgate incident, an actual Brighton fan from work joked that 'it wasn't the first time someone from Brighton got caught with his pants down'. It made everyone laugh and wasn't mean in an offensive manner to anyone. I just think your club is taking yourself and football way too seriously
And you are aware of what ckr actually did or is alledged to have done?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here