Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lunchtime DILEMMA

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've been walking the streets today with a POTATO PEELER in my pocket. The reason for this is that I couldn't be bothered to make sandwiches for work last night. Meaning I have no need for my rucksack, which would, under normal circumstances on any normal day, be carrying an item of tupperware containing my sandwiches, a pear, a kiwi and a Mini Babybel. The potato peeler, under normal circumstances and on any normal day, would be stowed within said tupperware, within the rucksack, and used to peel my kiwi.

But these are not normal circumstances, and this is not any normal day, as I am sandwichless, tupperwareless and hence rucksackless. I did, however, take the liberty of bringing along a pear, a kiwi and a babybel, stashed in my bodywarmer pocket. The inclusion of the kiwi necessitated the presence of the potato peeler, which I have surrepticiously concealed in my trouser pocket. It was early in the morning, and I just wasn't thinking.

My question is this. Were I to be involved in some form of unsavoury incident and frisked - could I be arrested ? On the way to work I would at least have the alibi of the kiwi in my bodywarmer pocket, to justify the presence of the pototo peeler in my trousers. But on the way back, I will have no fruity justification for carrying a potato peeler around in broad daylight. So I'm wondering whether to have my kiwi now, or to forsake it and take it back home with me, in case I need to rely on it as a kind of furry inanimate character witness.

The potato peeler MUST come home with me today. I can't leave it here over the weekend, as we're having a roast on Sunday. So I'm in something of a quandry now, as I really want that kiwi.

Thoughts ?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
You have one of these ? In your pocket ?

250px-Apple_peeler_with_potato_01_Pengo.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Buy another kiwi. Have one now, keep one in case alibi needed on the way home. If not, eat that one as well. Win win.

The beauty is in the simplicity. Thats some dang fine work.

Greengrocers. I need a greengrocers.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
You can eat the skin of a Kiwi, saving you time in peeling and would get you out of this tricky situation you find yourself in.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
2 peelers, one at home and one at work.

I am struggling with the concept of PEELING a Kiwi fruit, I have a mental image in my head of a desk covered in foul looking green liquid, sort of like a sinus infection.

Who the frig PEELS a Kiwi fruit?

Apart from Easy that is, because he's mental.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I've been walking the streets today with a POTATO PEELER in my pocket. The reason for this is that I couldn't be bothered to make sandwiches for work last night. Meaning I have no need for my rucksack, which would, under normal circumstances on any normal day, be carrying an item of tupperware containing my sandwiches, a pear, a kiwi and a Mini Babybel. The potato peeler, under normal circumstances and on any normal day, would be stowed within said tupperware, within the rucksack, and used to peel my kiwi.

But these are not normal circumstances, and this is not any normal day, as I am sandwichless, tupperwareless and hence rucksackless. I did, however, take the liberty of bringing along a pear, a kiwi and a babybel, stashed in my bodywarmer pocket. The inclusion of the kiwi necessitated the presence of the potato peeler, which I have surrepticiously concealed in my trouser pocket. It was early in the morning, and I just wasn't thinking.

My question is this. Were I to be involved in some form of unsavoury incident and frisked - could I be arrested ? On the way to work I would at least have the alibi of the kiwi in my bodywarmer pocket, to justify the presence of the pototo peeler in my trousers. But on the way back, I will have no fruity justification for carrying a potato peeler around in broad daylight. So I'm wondering whether to have my kiwi now, or to forsake it and take it back home with me, in case I need to rely on it as a kind of furry inanimate character witness.

The potato peeler MUST come home with me today. I can't leave it here over the weekend, as we're having a roast on Sunday. So I'm in something of a quandry now, as I really want that kiwi.

Thoughts ?

To be fair, you haven't got a lot in the way of savoury with you, so you are already involved in an unsavoury incident. On the way home though, I would keep my eyes peeled in case there are any peelers lurcking about looking for hidden potato peelers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here