Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we have a club statement please? Today Friday

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Its been a whole week now since the suspension and we deserve( or it would be the decent thing to do ! ) to have a bit more information about the club we support and the current state of limbo - are we to go through another weekend of speculation ? I do not want to know when the Capital Cup draw is or the club shop opening hours over the weekend - i really don't give a **** . But i would like to know whats happening with Gus and the management . If someone at the club reads this an you please get Tony . Paul or whoever to give us an update - it's the least we deserve !!!! Or is it that now the season tickets are sold it doesnt really matter quite so much ? And as for all the fans who turned against Gus i think it's sad and pathetic given we don't know what's happened - some loyalty there !!

Last edited:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I think something's going to happen today....actually I don't have a clue. I quite like being in the dark - it means that everything is possible. If they tell us something, it could rule out most of our crazy, but theoretically possible ideas.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Its been a whole week now since the suspension and we deserve to have a bit more information about the club we support and the current state of limbo - are we to go through another weekend of speculation ? I do not want to know when the Capital Cup draw is or the club shop opening hours over the weekend - i really don't give a **** . But i would like to know whats happening with Gus and the management . If someone at the club reads this an you please get Tony . Paul or whoever to give us an update - it's the least we deserve !!!! Or is it that now the season tickets are sold it doesnt really matter quite so much ? And as for all the fans who turned against Gus i think it's sad and pathetic given we don't know what's happened - some loyalty there !!

Not sure quite why you think you "deserve" any explanation. In many ways, it's nothing much to do with you.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Its been a whole week now since the suspension and we deserve to have a bit more information about the club we support and the current state of limbo - are we to go through another weekend of speculation ? I do not want to know when the Capital Cup draw is or the club shop opening hours over the weekend - i really don't give a **** . But i would like to know whats happening with Gus and the management . If someone at the club reads this an you please get Tony . Paul or whoever to give us an update - it's the least we deserve !!!! Or is it that now the season tickets are sold it doesnt really matter quite so much ? And as for all the fans who turned against Gus i think it's sad and pathetic given we don't know what's happened - some loyalty there !!

We don't deserve anything of the sort. And if you don't want speculation over the wekend then either stop speculating yourself, or don't listen to tittle-tattle.

IF anyone at the club reads this then please completely disregard the original post on this thread, as it's complete BUMCHUTNEY.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
On the one hand you could argue that it's none of our business.
But as season ticket holders (and investors I guess?), I wonder if we are entitled to a bit more information on what is going on.
Even a brief statement would be welcome.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes I demand a copy of every letter going between solicitors, I won't tell anybody anything of course to avoid prejudicing any possible court case

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
7 days is normal for any disciplinary hearing to be held, so perhaps news today, but doubt it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
On the one hand you could argue that it's none of our business.
But as season ticket holders (and investors I guess?), I wonder if we are entitled to a bit more information on what is going on.
Even a brief statement would be welcome.

We are not investors, the shareholders are investors, we are fans/customers

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The previous statement stands until something changes, i.e. the internal investigation is ongoing. When that changes they will announce something else. I can't see what more they can disclose at the moment.

Rumours were that Gus isn't even in the country at the moment, sure they could phone him if need be.

With regard to other matters I doubt the club will announce anything directly.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Do we? Why is that? I thought it was an internal employment disciplinary matter?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'm leaning towards the OP on this. If only to stop the rumour-mongering, it would
be nice if the **lifeblood** of the club i.e., its fans without whom there would be no club
could just get a small insight into what the status is - even if it's no news.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The previous statement stands until something changes, i.e. the internal investigation is ongoing. When that changes they will announce something else. I can't see what more they can disclose at the moment.

With regard to other matters I doubt the club will announce anything directly.

The best we can hope for when the situation is resolved is that STH will be emailed at the same time that a press release is made. The supermarket I shop at did just this when the horsemeat scare was ongoing. I know that we're fans/supporters rather than "customers", but in legal terms customers accurately describes our relationship to the club.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm leaning towards the OP on this. If only to stop the rumour-mongering, it would
be nice if the **lifeblood** of the club i.e., its fans without whom there would be no club

Yep - we could perhaps get a no-further-news update, but there's a limit to the number of those it's sensible for the club to send. Imagine the uproar on here if PB sent a message saying "no news, but we're still working on it" message. Many people would say "what's the point in that?".

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Not quite sure what people think. So are going club going to say "hold on lads, some anonymous internet keyboard warrior wants to know what's happening, so down-tools on all the legal processes, we need to give them a statement". Not really going to happen, is it. It takes as long as it takes and we'll know when they are able to tell us. Nothing will happen until then.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If anyone at the club reads this, can you please get me a Pot Noodle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here