Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the Gus Bus going to stop?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Sorry if fixtures, but it seems more and more likely that Poyet is not in the frame for any of the Premier League jobs around at the moment...

Chelsea: Mourinho going home
Fulham: Martin Jol looks to be staying
Newcastle: Sacking Pardew just into a 6 year contract is too expensive
Stoke: Mark Hughes now favourite
Everton: Martinez favourite and Poyet ruled out
Wigan: Even if Martinez leaves, Graeme Jones & Owen Coyle are favourites to take over.

So where does that leave Gus and more importantly, have clubs been scared off of him as a result of his comments to the press and media?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not sure it will be his decision on where or when he goes. Under suspension here and under contract, he will only speak to who we allow him too and I dont get the impression the club are going to be nice about it. He could be cutting his grass at home for a while.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well it's certainly ground to a shuddering halt down here now. No doubt somebody will eventually snap up the 'damaged repairable' & cart it off elsewhere on the back of a low-loader, but I can see a mucho haggling before a price is agreed & the obligatory SOLD AS SEEN sheet is signed by both parties.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Sorry if fixtures, but it seems more and more likely that Poyet is not in the frame for any of the Premier League jobs around at the moment...

Wigan: Even if Martinez leaves, Graeme Jones & Owen Coyle are favourites to take over.

So where does that leave Gus and more importantly, have clubs been scared off of him as a result of his comments to the press and media?

Stuffed and needing to go overseas hopefully, the ungateful git. Even better would be unemployed playing golf as he kept threatening. I certainly hope so, it would serve him right.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Not sure it will be his decision on where or when he goes. Under suspension here and under contract, he will only speak to who we allow him too and I dont get the impression the club are going to be nice about it. He could be cutting his grass at home for a while.

This is precisely how Reading dealt with Alan Pardew when he resigned to accept the West Ham managers post. They refused to accept his resignation and put him on gardening leave until West Ham made Sir John Madjeski a sensible financial compensation package. I might be wrong, but I'm sure they didn't just allow his contract to run it's course. They put Kevin Dillon temporarily in charge, and then asked Dick Knight if they could speak to Steve Coppell.

One thing we ARE learning, is that Tony Bloom and Dick Knight are very different characters, and have very different approaches to their role as Chairmen.

At the moment the Gus bus has broken down, the driver has called the RAC, but has just realised that he's no longer a member............ A hasty call to the bus's owner has been met with a ' you can keep the bus, I'm not interested '.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Or, as a long shot.

WATFORD.

After winning the Play-off Final, the Italians all get returned to Serie A, having proved they are up to 1st team football at their parent club. That is contrary to all that Zola has been promised, so he walks out, perhaps to be either The Special Ones no.2 at Chelsea, or will wait for the right opportunity.

All of the above is just a figment of my over-active close season imagination.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Busted-busted-6831782-350-350.jpg

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex

Fulham manager Martin Jol is being considered by Hamburg to replace general manager Frank Arnesen, who was sacked this week.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
A lot of vacancies, but not a good time to be an inexperienced manager looking for a bigger job...there's a heap of seasoned managers out there now. Premier League feels unlikely for Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here