Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 16/1 to win the Championship next season

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
If we can get a solid manager, if banker us on reaching play offs, it's a long way till the season starts, I'd wager QPR to be fighting relegation IMHO, too many luxury players, the championships harder than people think, and I don't think they're up for it

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I expect Brighton's odds will drop once the identity of their new manager is known and I would imagine Wigan's odds will increase once they start selling off the family silver, so strike while the iron's hot.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I think you can count Leeds in the top 6 this year too

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I think Reading under Adkins will be up there, he has shown what he can do with reasonable resources although he won't have a Rickie Lambert this time. Obviously I hope we will be up there too, but all hinges on resolving the managerial situation asap.

The other relegated Prem sides ought to do ok with the parachute monies but then only Bolton did ok last season, so not certain. I can see QPR looking good on paper but equally the wheels could come off too. Can't see Wigan being contenders unless they keep Martinez.

Will Leicester and Forest with their minted owners be able to splash the cash under FFP?

For most it will have to be all about spending less, doing shrewd deals, and maximising the potential of existing squads and youngsters from academies.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Most of these books don't include Watford/Palarse so the expect some reshaping of the market after Monday.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Most of these books don't include Watford/Palarse so the expect some reshaping of the market after Monday.

Rather ridiculous to post odds at all really, there are just so many variables at this point. With all the managerial changes to come and no player movements yet known, how any one can take a punt now is beyond me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont understand why the odds back the relegated clubs, when past form shows most do poorly.

16/1 for us is pretty reasonable value though isnt it, not likly to go longer pre-season?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Surprised we are that rated at the moment, no manager, no pre season planned. Will change when we eventually no whats happening

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here