Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughes & Stoke. A match made in heaven.

D

Deleted member 18477

Hughes is a useless manager! I can't work out how he's always in the frame for jobs!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A glorious opportunity (not being wasted) for Naylor to devote yet more Argus column inches to his beloved Stoke.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Strangely, I think he might do a good job there. His best spell as a club manager was when he managed Blackburn and got them in the top 6 a couple of times by making them quite physical but also getting them to pass the ball and use orthodox wingers. I think the Stoke board have probably identified him as someone who won't take an axe to their team, but will get them to use wingers more and just refine their style of play a bit. If he gets the job, I'd be very surprised if he went out and had a major spending spree in the summer as I would imagine privately he has learnt his lesson from where he went wrong with QPR last summer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So that's Chelsea, City, Newcastle, Fulham and now Stoke apparently sorted for a manager. Just Everton left, with Poyet drifting out to 20-1 at best.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
So that's Chelsea, City, Newcastle, Fulham and now Stoke apparently sorted for a manager. Just Everton left, with Poyet drifting out to 20-1 at best.

If one of these vacancies was the reason for his outburst, smacks of poor judgement.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
If Hughes goes to Stoke they are in trouble. I would be happy though as it would take any possibility out of the chance of him becoming our manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here