Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R I P. Lee Rigby

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
MoD has named soldier as Drummer Lee Rigby of the fusiliers

has a 2 year old kid, very sad day for this country.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm still in shock over this. I can't get the horrible image of that coward with blood on his hands out of my mind.

RIP Lee Rigby

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A great tragedy and terrible for his family and colleagues in the Army.

When you realise, he did his tour of duty in Afghanistan to protect us and those in Afghanistan so we could be free of tyrants etc etc and be able to speak freely.

Yet, we cannot even discuss on a forum the opinions, thoughts and problems in this area, without severe moderation for fear of upsetting people and possible legal prosecutions for saying the 'wrong' thing.

I sincerely hope he hasn't died in vain.....but I fear he has.

RIP Lee Rigby.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely tragic. What twists people's minds so far that their moral judgement allows them to commit such barbaric acts.

We owe it to Drummer Rigby to make sure that these guys are punished for their crime and that we continue to find ways to solve this cancer.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

When you realise, he did his tour of duty in Afghanistan to protect us and those in Afghanistan so we could be free of tyrants etc etc and be able to speak freely.

Yet, we cannot even discuss on a forum the opinions, thoughts and problems in this area, without severe moderation for fear of upsetting people and possible legal prosecutions for saying the 'wrong' thing.

RIP Lee Rigby.

This - good post.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just out for a walk after an early stack
Not looking for trouble, not watching my back
Mothers with prams holding hands with their kids
Not paying attention to the car as it skids
Caught completely off guard not expecting what comes
One man with a knife another with guns
No chance of defence no chance to fight back
Looking for help as the cowards attack
An angel arrives as the light turns to grey
A woman attempts to steer attackers away
My last thought of 'Thank You' never strays from my brain
As my body shuts down and I feel no more pain.

I look to my left and I look to my right
Thousands of squaddies are all that's in sight
Uniforms are crisp and their faces are clean
No sign of anger or hate to be seen
As if by command they salute all as one
The RSM smiles, says 'Welcome home son'.

RIP brother, your in a better place now. ♥!!!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

RIP Lee Rigby.

This , spot on.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

RIP Lee Rigby.

Strange after all the British Soldiers that sacrificed their lives in the 2 World Wars for freedom of speech, free speech is now not allowed in 2013.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I take your point but in this World it is not possible now to have an opinion. Madness.

Once again a thread started to pay respects to a tragic and appalling loss of life has been hijacked by people who have a 'point' to make.

As for your hand wringing self pity, it is tiresome.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm still in shock over the dreadful scenes that confronted us all yesterday. Rest peacefully Mr Rigsby & my deepest condolences to his loved-ones; colleagues & friends. I sincerely hope that the scum who were reponsible for this sickening deed will suffer now for every single moment of this life & beyond.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Once again a thread started to pay respects to a tragic and appalling loss of life has been hijacked by people who have a 'point' to make.

As for your hand wringing self pity, it is tiresome.

Ok mate. My point is that it seems to be impossible to have a discussion anymore on NSC or anywhere else and if you do you get remarks like this. And I was commenting on posts made before mine. Where is the hand wringing self pity ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For once let us not get radical and start a binfest and perhaps reflect on the fact that a mother, father, wife and children have lost a very dear person through an appalling act of senseless violence.

RIP

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For once let us not get radical and start a binfest and perhaps reflect on the fact that a mother, father, wife and children have lost a very dear person through an appalling act of senseless violence.

RIP

Absolutely BH. It is a fact though that Lee Rigby lost his life in fighting for freedom of speech though. If a country does not have free speech it has nothing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here