Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Curbishley

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
This has already been done but I wouldn't be unhappy with him, given his connection to the club and managerial track record. The style might change a bit but I don't think Curbs' teams have been ugly in the past. He'll also be hungry after the break & is keen for a project rather than a stepping stone, having turned jobs down that he has viewed as short term. For me he's the safe appointment & if it was my money, he's who I'd go with.

the fact he has turned down jobs suggest the 'hunger' isnt there
dont want him

D

Deleted member 2719

This has already been done but I wouldn't be unhappy with him, given his connection to the club and managerial track record. The style might change a bit but I don't think Curbs' teams have been ugly in the past. He'll also be hungry after the break & is keen for a project rather than a stepping stone, having turned jobs down that he has viewed as short term. For me he's the safe appointment & if it was my money, he's who I'd go with.

A man that knows his football, i agree wholeheartedly.

Bring on hungry Curbs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No! We want someone with flair. Curbishley is the opposite of flair.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Financial fair play,and budgets will make it even more important to bring on our own players, we will soon have a new training facility and i think our next manager will not be a big budget head liner,but more in the mould of Curbs,Howe or Jacket.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Alan Curbishley backed from double double carpet into stretch this morning. (66/1 -> 12/1)

I hope this is just an indication that 1 person has lumped few pound on it rather than have any justification or base fact as I think that it would be a big let down
for the fans/customers to have him as manager. I can think of many that I would prefer to him

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Curbishley was serious about getting back into management he's gone a strange way about it. He needs a short-term caretaker gig to prove he's still got it. That Wolves job that Connor botched after McCarthy was axed would have been perfect.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I hope this is just an indication that 1 person has lumped few pound on it rather than have any justification or base fact as I think that it would be a big let down
for the fans/customers to have him as manager. I can think of many that I would prefer to him

It will almost certainly be market driven.
What that punter has seen or heard is anyone's guess :shrug:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
No, no and yet again no. Alan Biley played for us once and arrived on a swap deal from memory with Terry Connor - and I wouldn't have either of them as manager also!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here