Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Curbishley

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I know hes been out of the game for a while now but I think he would be a great Brighton manager after all he used to play for the Albion and his track record is pretty decent... Thoughts?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sometime posters on here do make me chuckle.

He did an amazing job at Charlton, he also did a good job at West H'aaaaaaaa'm considering the circus that was going on and what went on before and after him.

They also both played decent football so I really don't know where this notion has come from that he's a dinosaur.

Curbs, yes please.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
NO!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This has already been done but I wouldn't be unhappy with him, given his connection to the club and managerial track record. The style might change a bit but I don't think Curbs' teams have been ugly in the past. He'll also be hungry after the break & is keen for a project rather than a stepping stone, having turned jobs down that he has viewed as short term. For me he's the safe appointment & if it was my money, he's who I'd go with.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
certainly well connected with young players and overseas players - not! same ilk as Warnock, well past sell by date and one for the desperate - nice bloke though and in his time a reasonable mid table manager

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
He used to play for us is a posative point for wanting him ???
What has that got to do with if he is a good manager?
He's been out of the game far to long to be of any use.
Training methods, tactics etc etc have changed since he last managed.
Does he still follow football, or even know who the current championship players are ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm always a bit bemused as to why being an ex-player is somehow a desirable factor in appointing him as a manager here. Whats it got to do with anything ? Curbishley last played for us nearly 25 years ago. The club he left is unrecognisable to the one it is now.

By the same logic, we might as well get Dean Saunders in. With Terry Connor as his assistant.

Might be onto something there, actually.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm always a bit bemused as to why being an ex-player is somehow a desirable factor in appointing him as a manager here. Whats it got to do with anything ? Curbishley last played for us nearly 25 years ago. The club he left is unrecognisable to the one it is now.

By the same logic, we might as well get Dean Saunders in. With Terry Connor as his assistant.

Might be onto something there, actually.

People say that they'd like an ex-player as manager but what they really mean is that they would like someone with an emotional connection to the club, someone who won't use his opening press conference to announce that he sees the Albion as a marvellous doormat from which to launch the glittering career that surely awaits him and, no, he won't be selling the house in Derbyshire for the moment.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Been out the game too long.

Wasn't he approached when we got Gus but wasn't interested?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
This has already been done but I wouldn't be unhappy with him, given his connection to the club and managerial track record. The style might change a bit but I don't think Curbs' teams have been ugly in the past. He'll also be hungry after the break & is keen for a project rather than a stepping stone, having turned jobs down that he has viewed as short term. For me he's the safe appointment & if it was my money, he's who I'd go with.

Succinctly put and I am in agreement.

We could do far worse.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here