Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Óscar García Junyent - Club CONFIRM appointment as Head Coach (8.10pm, 26 June)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The latest to be linked

[tweet]337496162946912256[/tweet]

Was a coach at Barca under Cruyff, then went to Maccabi Tel Aviv, immediately took them to their first league title in a decade then left for personal reasons

Bruno Alemany appears to be the director of a Spanish football show/website (so may have some sources rather than completely unfounded speculation)

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes please. Would love a leftfield foreign appointment like this to continue the carnival of flair.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
OscarGarciaQ.jpg

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Spanish Oscar's BARMY ARMY

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Hmmm. A gamble indeed. Has less than a year's experience in the Israeli league. Is that a high standard?

I am all for foreign flair but I would like some experience of playing and coaching in this country

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Any translation on what the tweet was? Something about no 1 choice to replace Gus as Brighton manager ??

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Óscar García Junyent

He had a good record in Israel. He's been linked to a lot of English clubs in the last few months including Villa, QPR and Reading.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's more management experience than Poyet had when he came here, and he was coaching at Barca under Cruyff rather than Swindon under Dennis Wise...

I don't see it as that much more of a gamble, other than language (not sure if he speaks English)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Never heard of him but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the kind of fella Tony goes for.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Óscar García Junyent

That seems quite promising. But "left for personal reasons" is always a worrying thing to hear. Could be anything from an illness in the family to fingers caught in the till.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here