Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What about Calde with Coppell as Director of Football

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Not even sure if Calde has any coaching qualifications but he certainly knows how the club operates, and appears to be a genuinely liked (and respected??) member of the squad. Coppell to be the guiding hand.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What does he know about management? Does he have any qualifications?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
No thankyou, wouldn't have any objection to Calde being on the coaching staff as a first step but no more than that at present.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
sounds a patched up job this - if the club want to think big (premiership) then it needs a proper established and successful manager who commands respect in the football world, not just the BHA world. This, if we were in league 1 and struggling might be a 'dream team' but where we are now and where we want to go then it's very backwards and small minded option I think

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What does he know about management? Does he have any qualifications?
Not to mention his ties with palace :lol:

The more Calde's all round greatness comes to light, the less I see him as our manager.

The manager just can't drive players around the county, in case they get lost.
He can't spend all his days teaching 'da yoof'.
Doing school visits.
Falling for every charity.
Rescuing abandoned orphaned fleas.
and leaping tall buildings with one stride.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Is Calde the new Charlie?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Calde will be a manager one day. Before then he'll paramotor around the country saving those in danger like Moe in the Simpsons

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
For god sake. No this isn't a good idea. Calde underneath a new manager such as Chris Powell, ole GS, Tim sherwood etc would be a great idea but not him as the mgr with coppell. No just no.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No thank you get him 5 years as an assistant of some kind first! Assistant manager I could see though. The new Tanno

Still reckon it will be Sherwood, but would he want Calde AND Oatway (potentially) in his first team of assistants? At least initially?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Not even sure if Calde has any coaching qualifications but he certainly knows how the club operates, and appears to be a genuinely liked (and respected??) member of the squad. Coppell to be the guiding hand.
tx4RMT.png

Should be about ten minutes...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I dont understand the basis for Calde's name being mentioned at all?.. ..

This. Why do people automatically think that decent players will make good managers, I must be missing something here ? He may do in time, but who knows and we can't afford to risk it - if we were a 4th division club maybe. Does he even want to ? Why mention Calde, and not say, Greer (to take a random example).

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Decent bloke Calde, doesn't guarantee a decent manager though.....and do we really want Steve Copout living out of a suitcase again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here