Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skip hire

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any recommendations for companies who do large Skip hire? A quick look on the net shows a 12 yard price of £330 plus VAT

Is this the best I am likely to find?

Thanks

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Unless skip hire has doubled in four years, or prices in Brighton are much higher than they are here, that is an absurd price.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably depends on how long you want to hire for?

Cost me around 100 plus VAT last time I did so in Brighton a couple of years ago. Maybe I got a deal.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
12 yard is enormous though, isn't a standard builders skip 4 yards (around £140 + vat)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Any recommendations for companies who do large Skip hire? A quick look on the net shows a 12 yard price of £330 plus VAT

Is this the best I am likely to find?

Thanks

They are getting expensive - I had one the other day, but I think that was more like £250.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah well thanks for telling me it's expensive :smile: I wanted to hear where I could get it cheaper!!

Need it for at least a week so a grab lorry is not an option unless I dump everything on the drive over the week whilst wearing a Palace shirt as I dump it

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
12 yard is enormous though, isn't a standard builders skip 4 yards (around £140 + vat)
It's big but not enormous. You really can't get much into a 4 yard at all; there is no way that is a standard size. You might use a 4 yard if you were, say, in a one bed flat with limited parking, and re-doing your bathroom.

I think 12 yard is fairly standard for anything heavy-duty.

FYI:
http://readingrecycling.co.uk/skip-size-guide

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here