Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The flaming Lips

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
Stunning,absolutely stunning tonight.Anybody else having a life changing experience at the Dome tonight?!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No a life changing experience happended in Woolwhich today, but we are not allowed to talk about that so carry on.....

Wow pop music changed your life.... eh

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well, I enjoyed it. Fantastic light show, great atmosphere. Their cover of Heroes was absolutely brilliant.

Wayne rambled a bit between songs - I didn't need him to tell me what he thought they were about.

Generally, very good. But it didn't change my life.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
No, didn't change my life. The atmosphere was WAY down on when I saw them 10 years ago. You could count the amount of people properly singing along to Race for the Prize/Do You Realize on one hand.

I've been following the Lips for a long time and seen them live loads. Their show about 10 years ago was amazing, truly life affirming. Then they let it get stale and kept doing the same old same old for ages, getting increasingly more desperate and trying to crowbar in new songs that didn't suit the surroundings.

Obviously with the new album they've gone pretty different, and this show was VERY different to what they've been doing for the last 15 years. Not a massive fan of the new album but I like it, and the new songs sounded pretty good live on the whole. Also, the light show and stage set up was astonishing. Mainly it was nice to see them doing something different. I hope they do one day go back to their old style though, now that they've learnt that you can't do the same thing forever and keep it fresh.

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
ok not literally life changing(for those that dont really understand)but an incredible gig nonetheless. Im really not going to compare this with a terrible act today. shame on psycho.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
ok not literally life changing(for those that dont really understand)but an incredible gig nonetheless. Im really not going to compare this with a terrible act today. shame on psycho.

Wow..... Shame on Psycho.........

No shame on people who murdered someone in the middle of the day........

Not shame on Psycho, who made a comment that hurt no one, but questione the importance of said "life changing experience "

Get feckin real.

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
On a football forum.....

your point

My point is IM NOT TALKING ABOUT A COUPLE OF PSYCOPATHIC SKETCHES WHO WANT TO BEHEAD SOMEONE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET. Im talking about a great gig i went to tonight. im really sorry Mr Psychobilly that you dont get it/understand/am a bit thick/whatever!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My point is IM NOT TALKING ABOUT A COUPLE OF PSYCOPATHIC SKETCHES WHO WANT TO BEHEAD SOMEONE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET. Im talking about a great gig i went to tonight. im really sorry Mr Psychobilly that you dont get it/understand/am a bit thick/whatever!

Fair point Mr deenomeet, just the life changing thing got me.... been a horribe day and I find that life changing.

Not a gig....

Anymore.....

Once upon a time yes, I thought they were life changing and in a way they are, they shape and alter your opinion, then you get older have kids look at the world in a bigger picture wonder what your kids are & have to suffer or worry about...... That is life changing...

Ive lost it mate, sorry tooo much whisky..... Im angry about today.

Sorry not your fault.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Saw them at the Brighton Centre a few years ago,do they still have the inflatables?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It was the first time I have seen them play, and I have to say the show was spectacular. It was an arena show packed into a theatre venue, absolutely astonishing. However I felt the sound was pretty dodgy last night and Wayne's cold affected vocals were not helped by the mix.

Still a very enjoyable evening, it certainly won't be the last time I see them.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Well, I enjoyed it. Fantastic light show, great atmosphere. Their cover of Heroes was absolutely brilliant.

Wayne rambled a bit between songs - I didn't need him to tell me what he thought they were about.

Generally, very good. But it didn't change my life.

Very much the same. Each time Wayne had a ramble the band would eventually shut him up by playing the intro to the next song. Sound quality was generally poor as was the selection of songs. Please no Embryonic! The lighting, visuals and video were however outstanding and I am still removing pieces of black ticker tape from my hair. Preferred them a few years back at The Centre. ( never thought that place would be favoured over the dome but there you go).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here