Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rafa to Everton?

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
his cv would suggest everton would be mad not to try but fans have long Memory’s his small club jibe was not taken well

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
I worrk with a toffee and his bru knows an insider at Everton.......word is Benitez. However the point about Liverpool is well made...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I heard an interview with him yesterday and this was asked and he said something along the lines of "I'm a Liverpool fan and for me I don't think it will happen. Never say never in Football but I don't think so". Mind you, I dont think Everton fans are as thick as Chelsea fans so they might warm to him if he can get them a trophy or Champ League qualification.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggested this on another thread some days ago and the opinion of most was that due to his connection with Liverpool it was unlikely to happen. I think a distinct possibility is that he will finish up at Stoke or Newcastle if Pardew is given the heave ho interestingly both jobs Poyet is linked with. Should he wish to go back home the Malaga job is available.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
If most Chelsea fans were anti-Rafa, how are the Everton fans going to be?

Didn't rate the guy that much to be honest with you. But did quite a reasonable job at Chelsea with all the pressures that he had, and from his CV, he's actually managed quite a few successful teams over the years! lol

He seems to be pretty honest in post-match interviews, and doesn't seem to throw toys that much, only once this season when he got slightly stressed by the "interim" title. If we could afford him and he'd like a drop to the Championship, I think he would be brilliant for us.

I think he's probably heading to Stoke, as they want to change their style of football.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
If most Chelsea fans were anti-Rafa, how are the Everton fans going to be?

Didn't rate the guy that much to be honest with you. But did quite a reasonable job at Chelsea with all the pressures that he had, and from his CV, he's actually managed quite a few successful teams over the years! lol

He seems to be pretty honest in post-match interviews, and doesn't seem to throw toys that much, only once this season when he got slightly stressed by the "interim" title. If we could afford him and he'd like a drop to the Championship, I think he would be brilliant for us.

I think he's probably heading to Stoke, as they want to change their style of football.
I heard Gus was close to getting that gig

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here